Evie, The Slam, and Ants

Evie on her way to school
Thursday. She is rocking those
glasses! 

Who can't love that smile!

Now don't get me wrong, although
she can be a sweetie, she can 
be the biggest brat!
She is going through a ugly
spell in the things she says
and how she treats others.
New babe on the way, 
this girl better get her crap
together.

My deck is screened in and 
yes, it has the type of door that
slams so nicely. I had an issue with
it catching on the floor of the deck
back a few months ago. It was dragging
so with that you did not hear that slam.
You had to pull the door closed.

I checked out the door and 
realized, more than once, that 
things are not made the way they
used to be, right there in the center
the pegs that fit in the holes was
pulling out. I could have taken 
the door down and apart and fixed
the problem with some construction 
glue, but why would I do that when
I thought up another fix that is working
great. Wouldn't you know, can't locate 
a pic, but anyway, it was a matter
of lifting up the sagging part and 
applying L brackets to hold that together.
I tell you all that cause you 
know me....I tell all!
haha
I after my fix, I know have
my 
SLAM
again. When I walk out, I don't
reach back to slowly close the
door, I let it slam.
It reminds me of my granny's house.
Is there sounds that take you back?

You all know, if you have been
following my blog that shit happens!
And with me, it seems to be a daily
thing, an odd thing but I fight
the issue and go on.
Last Sunday we got rain!
YAY....we needed it.
But with the rain, came
these pain in my rear critters!

I have been seeing one of two 
here and there for the last
few weeks. I figured the heat
was bringing them in. But with that
rain, they came full force, into 
the kitchen, in a corner.
Out came the Terro ant baits.
Here it is Thursday and I am 
still battling those little
shi......pain in my rear.

Still trying all I could to 
get rid of them, I start finding them
under the couch. Only it's not the 
little red ones, it's the little black piss
ants. I read vinegar and water to 
throw them off the trail. Seemed to
work around the couch. 
Crap, then it's my bathroom and
right in the doorway of my bedroom.
THEN
the front door.

I realized, that maybe when I opened
the baits in the kitchen, I might not
have it all the way open. Several days
wasted with that thought.
They are open now!
I have two near the corner issue,
one under the other end of the cabinets.
I have one in my bathroom and one
under my jewelry stand cabinet.
One under the couch, and I looked this
morning, I got that one open
for sure, it is drawing piss ants 
right to it. And I have one at the 
front door.
 

I read that essential oils are
great for warding off ants. 
Only the ones that do that, are
bad for cats. The ones that cats
can be around are not the killing
ant kind!

I saw a video of mixing up 
cornstarch, sugar and baking soda.
Don't cornstarch but I am trying that
with cornmeal. 
I will let you know how that works.
Also read that orange peels,
you steam them in water, not
boil, and let sat over night 
then you grab the mix, and spray
it in the area you need it.
I have oranges, not tried
this yet but, I will if the other 
tries don't work. 
Just trying to see what will work,
but if I keep this up, I will have
so much out, I will not know
what does the trick!

Got up to a hairball this morning
in the living room floor so 
there was a flood coming in at the 
front door for that!

I am afraid that this is going
to take a pest company but with 
the doc bills, surgery bills and all
the money I have spent on 
diapers (absorbent panties) since
May....having to call a company
would be a hit to my little budget!

With all that said, I also purchase
some Terro dirt, it is like the 
Diatomaceous Earth
to sprinkle around the outside 
of the house. I have never used
this but they did not have
D Earth. The bag was 20 bucks,
but when I got to the register it 
rang up 7 something, I got two.
Let's just say, I have never
seen so many 
of the pissers.

Do you battle insects at your place?
Pam
 






Comments

Make sure the ant traps are not accessible to tiny paws. We do have an exterminator that treats and does a barrier outside, but never inside with kitties.
She looks great in her glasses. Sorry about your door. Glad you were able to fix it. Sorry about the ants. What a pain trying to get rid of them. My husband, about once a month or so, goes around the exterior of the house with bug spray where the house meets the ground.
Liz A. said…
New babe on the way, that's why Evie is acting out. Not great, but understandable. Has everyone tried reassuring her that everyone still loves her, even with a cute new baby coming?
Ann said…
I also have a problem with ants but in the spring. Keep it up with the Terro and eventually it should get rid of them.
Marie Smith said…
We have ants which try to get in the house every spring. The ant traps work well for us.

Evie is such a cutie.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom