Kicking Butt, Necklace and Earrings, TENS Unit, and Shaking

For Thursday when I went to visit
DJ, I took him some homemade sugar cookies
and a toy thing that shoots darts. He was
excited and said, Nana keeps bringing me
cool things to play with.
Can't let him get bored!!

He kicked PTs butt again today.
He is not having to use the seat that
they use to transport him to the wheelchair.
He is done with that now, his core is
strong enough that he can move from
one area to the wheelchair.
AMAZING.

If all goes well, his release 
date is Sept. 19. Then it will be 
out patient rehab for however long.
They did tell us that they never say,
"well, that is how you are now", until two
years out. It can take that long to heal.
In two years he will be working circles 
around us all.

Since I retired....10 yrs ago, I 
don't wear a lot of my necklaces
and earrings. Basically, around my
neck is my moms thumb print, and 
my earrings are silver with either real
stones and some not real. I like mixing 
and matching and no one knows.
Anyway, since I have been going and going,
I started switching things up. I make
sure my outfit is comfy but nice and different,
and I switch up the gems.
A couple of years before my
dear sweet friend Carol passed because
her body was just pain worn out, she
gave me a bag full of stuff. Told me that
what I would not wear, to share. I picked
what I knew I would ware and Julie
and Lisa went through the rest.
Anyway, this is a piece that Carol
gave me.
Several different colors of green,
a stone of brown and little
tiny blue beads.

I tried the best I could to find things
that would match the necklace when
making my earrings.
I found at Hobby Lobby these pieces that
you could make something from.
All I did was put hooks on them for earrings.
And I could not matched it any better
if I tried...lol
Today I wore my green jumper
and wore these pieces.
I love the things Carol gave me.

Okay, so I did not take pics to go with this
story but I think you can get the jest of it all without
pics and will still find it within you to probably laugh
your back side off!

Sopia on Golden Girls would say, "let me tell
you a story. Picture it"....my house and me doing something
stupid yet again. This took place a week or so ago but I
have a moment to sit and tell you about it. I started several,
several years ago clinching my jaws, constantly. I finally
realized a few days ago that it started around the same
time that my Prius was hit from the rear, that would be the
same time I got whiplash. Anyway, I have a TENS Unit
(this is where I throw in a pic from
the internet)


that I use on my neck, upper back and shoulders.
So, the other day I had a really bright idea. Try the TENS,
on my jaws cause the stress of the last couple months have
been really causing pain. I put two leads on the jaws and
two on the lower neck.

Turned it on and felt the half
second of the unit trying to cut on,
before it died. I changed out the
battery but did not realize that I
had the unit on....HIGH.
Bout as HIGH as it could go....I felt like my teeth would
vibrate out of my mouth but what was worse, one of my
leads must have a short in it so not only was I jerking
all over the place, I was being shocked on the jaw. I tried
ripping the pad off only to have it stick to my fingers
and continued to shock that area. I was dancing all
over the hall, trying to keep my teeth


intact at the
same time trying to shake the sticky pad off
my fingers. Needless to say, TENS unit did me no
good and will not until I order new leads.

Will it work
on my jaws, well, only time will tell! I think the girls
thought I lost my mind,
or maybe not cause
I have no problems dancing through the house at
anytime, maybe they thought I just came up with a new dance.
I also have my teeth still.
I played with snapchat again...
Yep, we know I am not that
young looking.

Pam








Comments

Liz A. said…
Oh yikes. Electricity is not something to mess with. Glad you kept your teeth.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Coffee Table Redo

Another Chilling Day - Brothers HOuse