Dolly, Eva and George, Shot Gun, and Old Woman
If you have been reading my post and
following me here in blog land you know
that I am a Dolly fan.
Dolly shocked us all with her passing
and no words from her about her
illness, about her fighting cancer.
Such a giving, caring and talented woman
she was and I even now find it hard
to believe she is gone.
The world will be such a strange
place without new music from her,
who it seemed like she could right a
song at the drop of a hat.
I have been aware of the imagination
library since it started, but I guess I never
paid attention to the fact that she started
it because her dad could not read.
And.....with that segway I will
share this info with you.
30 yrs ago I had the
privilege to welcome my sis in
law Lori into this family. With
her she gave me a
niece and a nephew, and at
the time I also had
her mom, Eva and her dad, George as consultation gifts.
Years back Lori lost her
mom and dad but not before I
grew to love them. George
was the father type everyone
wanted for a dad and he
would even introduce me as his
daughter. Eva, had an
amazing talent with words.
Matter of fact Eva spun
out a few books. I loved
reading about her grandmother's
life living on
the mountains in NC. I felt
I knew each one of
the people I read about in
the books. It was also
cool to visit the home that
now sits on the site
of the old homestead, to
check out the church
where they all attended
and to see where Lucy was buried.
It was not till recently
that I learned that being a
mountain girl herself, Dolly
read Eva’s books and
my sister in law, now has the
letters that Dolly
wrote to Eva about her books.
Dolly was such
a giving and caring person I
was not surprised
that she took the time to
send letters to Eva.
Also, Eva's nephew has a
letter that was signed
by Dolly also. I have not
read Eva McCalls last book
which I understand she
left her notes with her nephew
and he finished it up for her.
Take a look at the letters.
I have read all but the last.
Need to order a copy so I
can read it.
The last book.
In 2006, Lori and I went on
a cruise with George and Eva, along
with some of George's family.
This is George, Eva and I
after dinner one night.
It was this dinner where George
introduced me as his daughter to
our waitress with Lori sitting
right across from him and she said,
"what am I"?2
I was a touch sunburned.
Here Lori and I are with two
of her aunts.
The older lady
down front, is Jacqueline McCall. She
is a sweetie and is also a mermaid.
Yep, you read that correctly,
a mermaid!
a local hut in Cozumel Mexico,
which was one of our stops.
Oh my gosh, it was the end of
Oct. and cooler back home then
it was in Cozumel at the time.
It was sweaty hot.
went down the Panama Canal and
I listened to George tell the story of
being in the service and stationed in Panama.
As we traveled down the canal on a ferry,
George pointed out where the base used
to be when he was there.
I really enjoyed my trip with all
the family members.
I loved George and Eva as if
they were my family.
Again, if you have been hanging out
over on my blog reading for a while you
know, or maybe you don't remember,
but I LOVE
FALL!
And being that Sept. 5th is the unofficial
ending of summer, it brings on
the desire to start decorating for fall.
With that said, I did purchase a
Halloween decor piece, and he
has been riding shot gun with me
in Amber's car.
HAHA,
and I hate spiders, the real
kind anyway.
When I started thinking about
Halloween decor I realized
I was glad that I did not burn all
the sticks from the downed tree.
With those I will make an arch over
the entrance of my porch. I have collected
plastic pumpkins, a skull, skelton hands,
fall silk leaves and flowers to decorate
the arch with.
All the trouble I go through and
I don't get trick or treaters,
but that's okay cause I love that holiday.
I will now leave you with this...
Comments