August 15th and 14 Days Later, Rehab, Cards, Squeeze It and Damn It, Lily, Pods and the Copter

                                                          August 15, 2026



It's amazing the difference in
14 days.


And on August 31 in his
first PT session.
He's standing.
Sept. 1st, 
he was put in a jump suit, 
which was attached to a track in 
the ceiling which allowed him to 
walk. 
If you are interested in keeping up 
with DJ's progress, you can do that
from a FB page I set up,
at 
Boy is moving on, making
progress and kicking rehabs butt. 

I decorated his room today,
and hung his cards up so 
he could see them better.
The card on the bottom right, 
that is from Ann.
Duck tape can fix a lot of 
things, but the doc said no 
to using it on DJ...
lol



His mom brought somethings
from his room, one thing being
the watercolor I did for 
DJ sometime back.
DJ is the grandson that once
told me I was odd, and I said, 
thank you to him.
I just like making the boys laugh.
With that I got this for his room,
for when he needs to wake his mom
at night.
Squeeze it and it sounds like
a pig.
I also let him borrow my
damn'it doll.
When he gets stronger he will
be able to slam that doll 
down and say, DAMN'It!

He also has a ball to squeeze
to help make his hand and fingers
stronger. But nana just had to 
make it more fun, with a new 
ball.



He loves it!


Tomorrow, I am taking
Braden to the movies.
He just has not been doing much since
mom is staying at the hosp and rehab so 
I wanted to do something for him.

Started to bed the other night and
this is what I saw.
Check out those legs where the fur still
has not grown back.
It is growing so slow but Lily
is making up for lost time in the
hospital. We play chase at least twice
a day and she lets me know in the 
morning while I drink my coffee, that
she wants her brushing.
She is back to having her
BAW moments.

I was in the courtyard
at Stalworth Rehab and saw
this pod. I had to look it up and
I learned this is a blackberry
lily pod.

And luck was, there was in bloom
for me to see it in person.
The OT tech said, take all the 
pods you want. I have several.
I looked it up and these will grow
from the seeds in the pod.

Excited to grow these next yr.
Thinking I will head back and get
some more seed pods!

One last thing, while
out in the courtyard with DJ 
in the wheelchair we heard the helicopter 
coming, we looked up and saw it about
to land on the roof of the children's hospital.
It was loud, and I pointed out that could
be the one he was in, which he has no
clue of. He looked at me and said, 
"it's really scary that I was in that and 
did not even know it". 
Thank goodness for where the medical
world is today.

Pam






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Coffee Table Redo

Another Chilling Day - Brothers HOuse