The Change

 I did not go to the hospital on 
Friday. My yard was in need of some 
clippers. It needed a cut really badly.
However, my front and side had been cut,
thanks to Deborah to the left of me.
I did go around some areas close to the house
again. I cut as close as I can to 
try and avoid weed eating.

It did not work so well for the last
couple of weeks, the weeds were
trying to take over.
AND
it was almost there!
I struggled with the weeder, 
this one, that one, another one
and then the gas one.
The first two were actually one,
but two batteries. They suck.
Ten seconds on both and they are done.
So, I tried the plug in one, 
wrapped string, several times,
but the eater ate that up. 
the last one was I tried to start
the gas, I can't pull the string hard 
enough.
I said, SCREW IT!
I went in and posted on the 
Hickman page that I was in 
need of someone to do it for me.
I had a mom reach out. Her 17 yr
old (same age as DJ), could do it.
Out of several that replied, I picked him.
He came on Sat. to do it.

I cooked meatloaf, taters, and beans
on Saturday morning to take to the 
hosp. I knew Amber was tried of 
fast food. 
When I went in I was so surprised,
I missed one day and in that time,
the swelling in DJs eyes went down, 
a lot. When I entered the room, he
was in a wheelchair, and I could see
his eyes for the first time in a week.
He was smiling and talking
Made my day.

Hope to be back at blogging soon,
Pam


Comments

Ann said…
Glad you were able to find help with the weeding. That’s great news on DJ. I have a card here for him I’ll mail it out tomorrow
Christine said…
Prayer for DJ's smooth recovery.
Remember to take care of yourself too. We send a card your way. We were away for awhile when our sweet Seal died.
Miss Merry said…
Glad to hear DJ is doing better! Your meal sounds delicious. Hopefully everyone can take a deep breath and take some care of themselves, too.
Liz A. said…
Yup, probably time to get help with that sort of thing. Glad you found someone. And good news about DJ.
Wonderful news! You are both in my thoughts.
Amalia
xo
Darla M Sands said…
I'm sorry to have fallen so far behind. Thank heaven DJ is healing. Hugs, my dear.
NanaDiana said…
So very happy that DJ is doing better. God bless him and I pray that his healing continues at a fast pace. Glad you got some help with the yard work. Sometimes things just get overwhelming. xo Diana
I will pray for DJ and you and your family. This is shocking to the core for me, and that means its even worse for you and his mama. He looks young, and they do seem to heal faster than older people. so glad he is showing progress...

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Coffee Table Redo

Another Chilling Day - Brothers HOuse