Butterfly, Homes I have Owned, Water Fountain, Crock Pot, Clothes Lines and Pins

I pulled in the driveway the other
day and saw this beauty flying around 
my Cosmos.
I was hard clicking a pic because 
the beauty was all over those flowers.

When I went to Hermitage for Mikes
honoring of life, I decided to bounce between
the homes I lived in.

My childhood home, I moved into
this home at the amazing of age of
6. I did not move out till I was 20.
However, after the loss of my mom, I 
bought my brothers out of their portion and 
moved back.
Problem, more house then I needed, too
big to keep up, 50 some odd years old and things
were starting to go wrong. Yard was a killer.
And no matter what I did, I could
not make this home mine, it 
was always going to be mom's home.

Between the move from the childhood home,
I moved across town where I lived in
an apartment. I was pregnant, married,
and did not like it.
I needed to be close to home.
lol
I also rented two duplexs and 
a home.
Then my ex and I bought this home,
our first home.
1100 sq. foot, one bathroom, three bedrooms,
kitchen/dining room, living room.
Beautiful shaded park like backyard.

Can you tell the house is sitting up
on a hill?
Yep, I don't do hills well when it comes
to keeping a yard up.
I was pregnant with Cory when I
moved in here.
We lived here for seven years.
After the divorce, I wanted a home for
me and the kids.
That is when I bought this zero line
home. On flat land, three bedrooms, one
and 1/2 bathrooms, a deck that I later
screened in. I lived here for 28 yrs.

 Prices of homes were going up and up.
The stairs in this place was getting harder
and harder for me but I did not feel a move 
could take place.
Then, 
this place was being put up for sale, 
by my brothers and I. It was 
a year after the loss of mom.
I decided to buy the boys out of 
their portion.
But, like I said, I could not 
make it mine.

Due to health issues, you know, those
ole pesty kidney stones kept me sick
pretty much all of 2023, 
I needed to be closer to Amber.
Amber being my first born brat.
Looking around where she lived for 
a home, on the other side of town,
in Hicksville, a rural area.
Almost nothing was for sale in this
area, esp nothing that I was interested in .
Then, on Realtracs, this popped up.

Brand new, fresh and beautiful.
I actually had so much I have wanted
in a home.
The front door with three windows,
craftman's style.
Shutters that I had been wanting 
for a long time. 
I had also been wanting a long
front porch, FOREVER!
NO stairs, an actual washroom, not
a closet off the hall or down in a basement. 
Large living room, open concept but a wall
separating the kitchen from the living
room so I don't have to see dirty dishes
in the sink while in the living room.
An amazing screened in deck. 
I love my house, you picked up on 
that, didn't you.

However, this will be my last bought 
home. Next time I move, someone
will be moving my body out to bury me.

Friday is chair yoga day but
I passed on that yesterday cause
even though the swelling had gone down
in my face, itch has appeared. 
Plus, I prefer not all the folks seeing 
this face.
But I did go to 
the doc for my 
allergy shots. There is this
fountain by the elevators so on my
way out, I shot it.
looks cool.


I saw this crock pot on FB, 
I need this.

I love it.

I also saw this. It's a clothespin apron.

Directions on making it.

One of the handiest little sewing projects from years gone by was the clothespin apron.
It was simple, useful, and made to be worn while hanging clothes on the line, gathering eggs, or carrying little things from one place to another. It did not have to be fancy to be a blessing.
If you have never sewn much before, this is a good place to start. It is mostly straight seams, simple hems, and one pocket.
How to make a simple clothespin apron:
You will need:
- 1 piece of cotton fabric about 20 x 30 inches for the apron
- 1 piece of cotton fabric about 8 x 18 inches for the pocket
- 2 pieces of twill tape, ribbon, or fabric ties about 30 inches long each
- Thread
- Scissors
- Pins
- Sewing machine or needle for hand sewing
- Iron if you have one
Step 1:
Fold all 4 edges of the large apron piece under about 1/4 inch, then fold again about 1/4 inch so the raw edge is tucked inside. Press if needed, then sew all the way around.
Step 2:
Take the pocket piece and fold the edges under the same way. Hem the top edge first, then fold and hem the other 3 sides.
Step 3:
Lay the pocket on the lower front part of the apron. Pin it in place. Sew around the sides and bottom, leaving the top open.
Step 4:
To make 2 pocket sections, sew one straight line down the middle of the pocket.
Step 5:
Attach one tie to each top corner of the apron. Sew them on securely.
And that is it.
Now you have a simple little apron that can hold clothespins, seed packets, gathering scissors, eggs from the coop, or whatever small things you need to carry.
These are the kinds of practical little things women used to make for everyday life. Nothing fancy. Just useful, pretty, and made by hand.
If you make one, choose a cheerful print and enjoy the satisfaction of making something both simple and useful.
That is so neat.
I have one that my mom made
me years ago, I also have hers 
that is just like mine.
this one on top is like the two
I have.

While on Pinterest I found some
really cute clothespin holders.




 


 There were several more different ones,
that I have not shown here.
My question~ how many of you
folks still hang clothes on the line?
Did you ever?
My mom loved to hang the clothes
out to dry and although she always had
a dryer, she just loved the smell of being outside.
I loved sheets on the line, the smell was 
great. Although, I did not like how
stiff they felt, but 3 to 5 mins in the dryer
after taking them off the line works 
great. 
My mom had two iron poles that she 
was still using up until she passed.
I brought them with me. They were cemented
in the ground so I had to take some height 
off of the poles but cutting them down.
I really don't want clotheslines, but...
maybe hang bird feeders on it,
or a tire swing? Will have to see.

But I have sheets to wash and dry,
clothesline would be great.
haha
Pam





 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Coffee Table Redo

Another Chilling Day - Brothers HOuse