Update on Lily

 


Lily update~
Sunday, I was getting more and more
concerned. She still was not eating or
drinking. Several times however, I put a 
small amount of water in a syringe and
made her take water. Twice, I mixed
up food and water and did the same
thing. Not a lot, but a tiny bit, just
so she was getting something.
But I was really worried.
Off to Vet ER and Hosp.
I took the test results from the 
other vet and the meds she has
been given.
Looking at everything, they decided
to run labs again to see if there was 
any change. I was glad they did cause
the day they did Lily's labs, they 
said they had a lot of labs to do that day and
I was afraid that they got them mixed up.

Labs, everything was normal.
Another xray, heart, lungs, liver,
kidneys, stomach, everything was 
NORMAL.

NORMAL!
But she was not eating and or dinking.
so, they wanted to sedate her and 
check her mouth, gums and tongue.
All that was fine.
She actually has poop that is right
at the back door to come out.
My question, how, she has not eaten.
This is where the vet explained that sometimes
when they are sick, digestion can slow down.
But, there was a speck mixed in with
the poop, that was small, can't tell what
it was but the tech was going to 
look and see. With that said, they 
wanted to do an ultrasound but those 
are not done on weekends. She is staying the 
night. IV with fluids, a cone cause she
wanted to pull out the iv and there
will be constant
monitoring. 
Ultrasound in the morning.
On paper, looking at labs, Lily
appears to be a healthy cat.
I will say though, when I went in 
to tell her good night, she growled at me.
I took that as a good sign.

The day of the ultrasound, I 
drove to Nashville to spend time
with her. She had just had the 
test and was waking up.


I got about 30 mins of snuggle
time where she allowed me to 
love on her and hold her.
With a cone on, she laid her
head on my shoulder for 
a long time. 
I did have to tell her a couple
of times to stop looking at me
with those big eyes, and to 
stop planning what she was going
to do to me when I took her
home!
And those loud amazing
purrs sure did help me to 
feel better.
 Ultrasound got done and still 
waiting for results. Also, waiting
on GI results. 

Today July 21, Lily came home.
She seemed excited, I know I was.
She ended up staying two nights
at the vet hospital..

Misty wandered around looking 
for Lily and she even seemed to be
off. Wanting more attention 
then normal. 



Got her home, she jumped out
and went to the litter box to pee. I 
have it in the living room so 
I can keep an eye on things and 
document them. 
All the doors to the other
rooms are closed off.

After a pee break she 
then went to look for food.
I gave her a tiny helping of 
food at which time she took a
couple bites. After that, she 
went to the back door to 
demand to be let out.
I kept her and Misty both in 
cause temps are crazy hot.
Low 90's with a feels like of
110! Too hot for any living thing.

After both girls realized they
were staying in, we all three
took naps. Lily took to her
carrier again to nap.

Before Misty crawled up
on her spot on the back
of the couch, she stood
looking at Lily and standing
guard over her. I expected Lily
to be so pissed when I got her
home, she would jump Misty.
However, she allowed Misty to 
sniff her and did nothing.

So, with all that said, between three
vet visits, an ER visit and two over night
stays with test, 
I am spending my kids inheritance 
and I am good with that.
Cost for vet care is not cheap, 
but I could not just let things go 
not knowing, I had to give her that chance.

She is still not out of the 
woods but she has meds to 
apply to the ear to encourage
eating and something if she 
starts to throw up.
Right now, I am letting 
her sleep. She has had
a stress filled week.

I think all of you for your
kind words and keeping Lily
in your prayers.
The BluePearl vet hosp.
was great. They were so amazing
with Lily.
I made them a card to share
with the staff.
Each and everyone I came
in contact with that 
was in contact with Lily 
was so caring and so nice.

I am staying in and with her
the rest of the week. I do 
need to go to town one
day and get an allergy shot,
which I missed last week 
due to Lily being sick. 

Will keep you posted.
Pam




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Coffee Table Redo

Another Chilling Day - Brothers HOuse