Mike, Flowers from Class of 78, Checkered Flag Planted at the Finished Line and Old Contact
Morning, morning, and
another morning to each of you!
Darla, I read your post and no it
was not bad in your request, that also
happened to be something that was
going to go in this post anyway.
The amount donated for flowers
for Mike was amazing.
The 32 folks that donated really
did a great job.
I don't know what the flowers cost,
however, I do know that what was
left will go to the DuPont Alumni Association,
and will remain in the kitty and any group
needing help with a reunion will benefit from
the kitty.
We all agreed to this and this is
something Mike would really go for also.
Darla requested to see the flowers
that the class had made up.
Bulldog colors.
What a great job that
In Full Bloom Flowers did.
Mike being a NASCAR fan,
A BIG FAN. I thought a checkered
flag was needed.
I attended the service but got stopped
on the way out the door and did not
attend the burial.
However, I was tagged on FB
by David with this photo below.
when I met her.
Hobby Lobby did not have a checked flag
I could purchase on late notice so I
made this one out of a checkered bandana and
a dowel rod.
Mike had made it across the finish line of life,
now onto his next journey.
Bulldogs that visited Mike
and honored him on Saturday,
but there were plenty.
with that, I felt good when I
left from all the Bulldog Love
Mike got and all the Bulldog hugs
I took home with me.
I will say it again,
We are an amazing class.
Out of a class of 300 some odd number,
the class of 78 has lost 36 folks.
Really not bad considering its been
almost 50 yrs.
Fifty years since we all threw up
our caps, said our good byes, wished
each one a good life and went about
our business.
Thanks to Old Hickory and Hermitage
being so close knit, some remained in
touch, but thanks to FB
and the Old Hickory Boys singing at
local marinas more and more of us
came together.
Our love of DuPont, of the area in
which we grew up and our love
for each other has remained close
now for probably the last 20 yrs.
I am proud of this group.
Here is David, whom did an amazing
job visiting Mike and keeping us all posted.
David being a retired minister did
get up and speak of Mikes
love for family, God and NASCAR.
Great job David.
Sort of moving on in the last
20 or some odd years I can't tell you
the amount of guys in my life that
have come forward to tell me how big
of a crush they had on me in school.
David being one, although he is happily
married to the same woman all these
years. But David tells me all the time,
how special I am to him and says
he is going to come see me,
and will bring anything I need, will
come and do anything for me that needs
doing. His wife is a sweetie and
I know that he means nothing by this
other then a tight friendship.
Speaking of someone speaking their
undying crush statis for me,
a few weeks ago I got a call from
a trucker. HAHA
I should just leave it at that, and
let you all wonder. But no, Will aka
Eddie (William Edward) from high school,
actually from 9th grade contacted me.
He has told me before in the past about
having a crush but now that he is
no longer in a relationship, if you can
call what he gets into being in a
relationship, he has started calling.
This was what Eddie, known to his
DuPont classmates looked like.
He was a cutie.
However, Eddie is looking for something
I don't wish to give, a relationship.
I am happy being me, I am happy with
my life, I don't want the commitment of
a relationship. I basically had to go over
that with him. Friends, dinner here and there,
doing outdoor things together, great...
anymore, he needs to move it down the road.
Yikes....that sounds bad don't it?
I just don't have it in me anymore
to work at being with someone.
OH WELL...
You snooze you lose.
haha...
Pam

Comments