Lost Friend/Classmate and Misty

Not that long ago I told you 
about a long time friend and classmate, 
Mike. 
He was fighting cancer.
Our classmate David, and long time 
friend of Mikes visited daily with Mike
and reported back to us on FB about Mikes
journey. 
Wed., this was posted.

There is a celebration planned
for Mike this Saturday at the 
funeral home in my old stomping ground
area, Hermitage.
Mike grew up and continued to 
live in his hometown of 
Old Hickory.

He was 66 yrs old.

Later this was posted.


Hey DuPont folks!
Hopefully you all have seen D.K. Senior post letting us know Mike Pope has passed away.
David has let me know that there will be a Celebration of Life for Mike on Saturday at Hermitage Funeral Home, time is undetermined at this time but will be announced soon.
Danny Gibbs and I would like to take up money and send a beautiful flower arrangement for the service from the DuPont Bulldogs. Mike truly loves his school and classmates so we think this would be a great way to honor him.
The amount of money will determine the size of the arrangement and if for some reason we collect more money then we need, we will donate the remaining to the DuPont Alumni Association.
Please Venmo Tonya Pilote at
I removed the venmo address
If you do not Venmo and would like to donate please contact Danny Gibbs or Tonya Pilote and we will be glad to meet you.
All contributions will need to be collected by Thursday evening 7:00pm so we can place the order.
Let’s show out for Mike and have the most spectacular flower display, all red and white.
A list of names will be attached to the arrangement!

On Friday I saw this posted on FB.

DuPont folks!

First all thank you so much for the outpouring of love for Mike. The donations were plentiful. We collected $965.00!!

We meet with the florist and she will created a beautiful arrangement. She charged us $655. The remainder will be a donation to the DuPont Alumni Association. If we have last minute cash donations they can be added.

The memorial below was created by chatgbt, I cannot take the credit, I only provided the information. This will be placed next to the arrangement.

A group of us will be meeting at Hermitage Memorial Funeral Home at 11:15. Service starts at 12.

I know that I have posted many times about
my school, my classmates and the closeness we all
share. When I was out from kidney surgery
the group sent me gift cards to eat out.
Amazing people that I have the honor to
call friends.

Lily is doing great so I will be attending
the Celebration of Life for
Mike.

Mike was a big racing fan so I am going to
see if I can find a checkered flag for Mike
since he has finished the race here on earth.

RIP
Mike.

I will head out of Thursday once I know Lily
is good and go get my allergy shot and check Hobby Lobby.

Now, I will leave you with a pic of
my little ball of gray fur.


She is such a sweet girl.

Pam




Comments

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend Mike, that's very sad. Lily, you and Misty both feel better and stay well.
Liz A. said…
I'm sorry about your friend. Glad to hear Lily appears to be feeling better.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Coffee Table Redo

Another Chilling Day - Brothers HOuse