Lily Bit, Worm to Moth, Good Morning, Morning Glory, FlowerBED, Plans,
On Friday Lily did great,
but Saturday she was back to wanting
to be alone, still has not eaten and
was not drinking.
Back to the vet.
Another IV of fluid and some meds
to make her hungry.
Not better come Monday,
I am finding another vet.
I don't know what else to do.
Sunday, still not my Lily. I
am pretty sure I am losing her
and it is killing me.
No vets open today, just ER in
Nashville. Come Monday I will
be taking her to Dr. King,
her and Dakota's vet in Nashville.
Funny thing is, she don't look
weak, does not appear to be weak
when she is up moving around.
She allowed me to sit with her
and rub her head for a bit this
morning. Now, she is in the glider
on the deck, listening to the rain fall.
Remember these jokers I took off
my tomato plants?
They had to go, but I had
no clue that this is what they
turn into.
A hummingbird moth.
Between my plants and Amber's plants,
I killed off about 15 if not more.
OOPS...
I went to the mailbox and on my
way back I went passed my hanging
plant when I saw movement.
These are seriously so cool.
plant and back around, and still was
going round when I finally gave
up watching and went in.
I love watching them as much
as I love to watch the Hummingbirds.
I went out Saturday morning
to pick seeds. Check out that
morning glory plant.
Here is another shot of the
morning glory plant.
It's growing and growing and
looking like it is going to take over,
like Seymour !!
I have been living my flowerBED.
My brown or black eyed Susans are
about done blooming.
Looks like a sunburst in the center.
This spot from the trees over
to the drive is my yard.
I am going to lay tarps down
over the grass this fall to
kill off the grass. Then I will loosen
up the soil in the spring and
plant sections.
I am going to keep the flowerBED
where it is but plant around it
with one section being sunflowers,
one for milkweed for the Monarchs and
maybe one for zinnias and just break it
up with this and that.
It will be over-run with flowers
and I will not have to cut that section.
Might put some pathways in
and around it.Touring the
gardens gave me some ideas.
I know that if I keep this up, I will
need a greenhouse!
With all the rain we have had and
expect in the next few days, it
is taking longer for these seeds to dry
out. I am also trying seeds from butterfly
bushes, coleus plant, even seeds from
my pampas grass. I normally don' t
grow from seeds for bushes and things like
that but since the crepe myrtle produced a
bush, I am excited to try more.
Back to not leaving Lily, I can't
leave the house with her
sick. Will keep you posted.
Pam
Comments
Your yard sure looks great with everything you have planted. I don't think I've ever seen a hummingbird moth before.