Signs of Fall, Halloween Trees, Card, Misty, and the Wall

 Fall started earlier in the
week. the green of the leaves 
started getting lighter.

And the red started busting 
out in some of the trees.



My forest in the backyard started 
also. Before long, the leaves will 
be all over the forest floor.
The view from the back door.


My view as I wash dishes, out the
window over the sink, over the deck and
through the screen....
PEACEFUL.


Halloween is coming up fast.
Wow, seems like it just turned
Oct.


I love these. I have the
black tree but I do not
want to start collecting 
stuff to put on it. 
I just do not wish to be
storing all that.


I love these.

I have really deep closets here at 
my new home, and with all my
Christmas stuff and Halloween
stuff, it all fits in one closet.
I don't want to have to start
storing things like that in the shed
cause it is finally easy for me 
to get to.
So, I don't need to collect 
a tree worth of ghost and 
sunflowers!
BUT
I do love these!

A couple blogs back I mentioned
that my oldest grandson 
turned 24. Wow, where has all 
that time gone.
Anyway, I made him a card.


He thought that was funny.

Thursday night while I did some
FB'ing and watched 
Matlock (new one),
Misty decided she wanted to 
be close, so she stretched out
on my knee, behind the laptop.
She looks comfy anyway, I am not
sure how, but she does!


One more thing...
A year ago this month, actually,
last week, I went to see this 
house for the first time.
When I first went in, my mind
went to spinning, I knew that 
if I bought the house, my hutch
was going on the wall you see first
when you enter the door. 
That is where I put it.

My youngest brother made this in 
the late 70s for mom and I always
loved it. Unlike all the other pieces 
that he made her, which were all oak,
this is pine, and I like it better than oak.

However, placing it on that wall, 
first thing you see, it was a tad
too much. I tended to overload it with 
stuff, dropping keys there, placing items
that go to someone else, putting bags
here etc...
So, I decided to more it. Problem with 
that, move it where? haha...
This house being made the way it is,
using all spaces with none wasted, 
BUT
it don't have enough blank walls like
I am used to.
My thoughts in life about walls,
 is that no wall goes naked.
With that said, it will have something
hanging on it or a piece of
furniture one it.
Space like that is limited for something
as big as the hutch.
I did find a wall in my room,
moving out something my 
Wizard Oz stuff was on,
and putting that stuff on the 
hutch. Pics on that once I 
get it all set up.

But what was I going to put
on that entrance wall?
You know me, you know I had
a plan!
I found some small shelves at
Dollar General I liked but I 
also knew that it would not be enough
on that big wall. 
But stopping at several DG, I 
could not find another set of 
shelves like the one I got.
But I found two other types, 
that are place, similar to the others
so, I decided to mix and match.
I am also good at that!
Here is my wall now.

The center shelf could be hung
linked together or each piece alone.
I wanted the linked together.
This is the shelf that got all 
this started. Next, I found the other 
square ones, they do not link and they 
have a metal bar at the front of the 
shelve to prevent things from 
walling off. I knew that would work
with the first set. Then I found the 
other ones, I loved the shape of those
and the color was prefect.
My thought all along was to put them up,
place the table that I got at
the yard sale for FIVE BUCKS under
them and place some of my smallest
items on the shelves. 
Since I had Halloween stuff out, 
I decided to move it around and place
on the wall for now.
Course my broom had to be placed
there. Under the table I placed
my cheese box, it has my moms
crocheted thread in there.
She gave me this stuff before
she passed and the thoughts
were, for her to show me how
to work with that thread.
We waited too long.
Anyway, I thought the cheese box
looked like it needed something,
so, I placed my great granny's antique
tins on top of it.

This sure does open up the room
more.

Do you tend to always be decorating?
Moving things around?
Pam



 






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom