911

We were here folks, we
experienced this event
with shock, sadness, and
fear on Sept. 11, 2001.


We saw our daily lives change,
we saw the history of our
nation change, we saw our
land under attack, we 
saw the pics and news report
of people jumping from buildings,
 a part of us as a nation
died that day.

The closeness of us all pulling 
together as a nation,
the prayers, the love,
the courage that went out not
only to families who lost someone
but for your neighbor and
your family. 

I know, that when reminded,
we remember.
But we need to remember
DAILY.
We need to hold tight 
and stay close as a nation...

I hate to say it, 
the last four years,
the nation has pulled far 
apart.
We no longer stand together,
we no longer seem 
to care, we no longer seem
to want to hold our
neighbors close.

We need to get back to 
the Nation I 
knew once upon a time.

Pam




Comments

Marie Smith said…
It is a sad anniversary for sure!
I will never, ever forget and I will never forgive those who made it happen.
We will never forget.
Jeanie said…
Thank you, Pam. And we must never forget.
Liz A. said…
The last four years? The last eight, really.
Darla M Sands said…
Last night I sat down and finally unwrapped the 2006 DVD of "United 93". With a pile of tissues at my side I watched alone as my husband didn't have the emotional fortitude. To my surprise, I experienced more pride in our nations' people than anything. Of course, real life footage brought tears. I pray for national healing. Blessings and hugs, my dear.
Mari said…
Yes! Well said!
A sad anniversary and we must never forget.

All the best Jan

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom