Hard TImes, Commerical and Talk of the Town, Lily BIt Love and Deer

Meet Rose.
A classmate from 78.
Couple of surgeries, hubs had
a surgery, raising a couple
of grands, lost a child, and just
fallen on hard times.


A couple months ago Rose with the 
help of friends had a yard sale to 
make up some money. I loaded up some
stuff and donated it but another
friend of mine had a yard sale a week
before Rose, what she had left over
she donated. 
BUT...
there was a donation box out at 
the reunion, no names were given,
just that a classmate was in need and 
anything they could help with would be
great. 
With no one knowing who was
having a hard time, 
we raised 1205.00 for Rose
and her family.
Pretty awesome considering we have
been out of school for 45 years,
however, going to school of 309 grads,
going to school together for most our
lives, we are still there for 
each other if we can be.

DuPONT Class of 78
ROCKS!

Happy news...
the commerical is ready for 
viewing. 

Tennessee Tiny Weddings is going to be one 
of the featured businesses on World's Greatest 
television show on August 6th, 2023 on Bloomberg 
TV at 1:30 central time ❤️ 
We are so excited! #tntinyweddings

I noticed Julie has the 6th on this but
the 13th on another post
so I am checking with her on 
that info. 

At the first of the month
TN Tiny Weddings was
featured on Talk of the 
Town, a local Nashville show.
You can see that here.

Talk Of The Town

TOTT header with Heather
https://www.newschannel5.com/talk-of-the-town/tennessee-tiny-weddings

So glad that James and Julie were able
to shut down for a couple months,
play in their garden, hang out with the dogs,
do some local things and adjust to 
James being retired. 
Sept. will have us back up  
and going.

My sweetest cat behaving girl.
Just like most cats, wants attention
when SHE
wants it. However, on days that
I am not up moving around
and not feeling good, she 
stays close. 

She stays close, normally not
close enough for me 
to rub that head but close, so 
I know she is there. Saturday, when 
I was pretty sure I was not
going to the reunion (
and I changed my mind), she got
right up next to me and granted
me premission to rub her
head!

My Lily Bit.

Saturday morning I ran out
for an errand, nine in the morning, 
trying to beat the heat.
It didn't work. Pain, and heat
just don't mix well. Got home and
got sick. But I had the coolest
thing happen when I got home,
I had a new visitor to the 
yard.
I walked up to the front 
sidewalk, in front of my 
bushes, when the prettest red
fox ran out right in front of me.
Oops, this is one day I left
my cell in the house, but that is
okay, it was moving way to 
fast to take a pic. It was beating it
down the front hill and across the 
street. Have to say, that was a first.

Speaking of visitors, the other
day I saw this family out at
the neigbbors house.
 

Shooting a distance with the
cell so the pic is not the best.
Look at that rack!

A few weeks ago I looked
out in the back, past the fence
to see a baby fawn curled
up in the yard. 
I know this time of yr. it 
is a given. Mom has to go looking 
for food and she commands
the babe to stay where she 
puts it. I have yet to figure
out how they command or
 request that babe lay there and 
not move, a flip of the tail, that 
mom LOOK, or what...but it 
works. I kept an eye on it to 
be sure it would be ok, but I 
was going to take water out
if it got too hot. Once I took
my eye off the babe, mom came
and got it. 

But I did want to share this
with you.
 
People that call rehabs and are
 concerned whether or not they should 
bring the found fawn in can look at this. 
The very first question is look at the ears. 
Are they straight? Or are they crumpled?
If straight , was the deer laying down or standing up?
This year every deer we have taken in has 
looked like this. The ears are crumpled 
and the deer was standing up and crying.
The crumpled ear tips mean that the 
fawn is dehydrated and mom is gone.
The baby needs help!!!
🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌
If you are EVER in question about whether or not 
you need to help the baby , this is the answer.
If you find one with these crumpled ears ,
 get that baby help!
We always advise if you get the fawn and can’t 
get it to a rehabilitation facility right away, NEVER f
eed the fawn ANYTHING but unflavored pedialyte.

Interesting to know.

Living here in a well
established subdivison I am
so surprised of all the wild life.

So you have a lot of 
wild life around you?

Pam



 
 

Comments

Sandee said…
What a nice thing you all did for Rose. I'm sure she cried.

Love your kitties and love the deer. So precious.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to the kitties. ♥
Christine said…
Glad they collected the money for Rose
Darla M Sands said…
Oh, my dear, I wish all the best to you, your loved ones, and friends. ~hugs~ Thank you for sharing that information on fawn rescue. It's not a situation I've encountered but shall (try to) remember for any future circumstances.
Marie Smith said…
What a wonderful thing the classmates did in raising money for one of their own.

I love to see deer but have never lived where they do, but on deer-less islands. Great advice for those who do.
Ann said…
How awesome that everyone got together to help a classmate out. Hope things get better for her.
Rhodesia said…
So glad that you all managed to help Rose, fabulous to get together for her like that. Love the wildlife photo. My love to Lily Bit. Cheers Diane
Jeanie said…
That's really interesting about the deer rehab. I didn't know that. I love that your class chipped in for your friend, even though they didn't know who needed their help. That's terrific. I hope I'll be able to find that show -- maybe you'll be in it!
Liz A. said…
Interesting information. We don't have deer around here, but if I'm ever someplace where they do, I'll remember. I do have a lot of wildlife around me, but that's only because I live in a condo complex with water features, and wildlife is encouraged. Mostly water creatures: ducks, fish, turtles, etc.
Red Rose Alley said…
Yes, up in the mountains we have lots of deer, and I see them now and then, and sometimes in my neighbor's yard. She must have some tasty plants or shrubs they like there. That's wonderful that you helped your class mate. These are hard times for some, and your classmates helping is awesome.


~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom