45 Years ~Where Did all That Time Go?

Five years ago we
celebrated our 40th reunion, and normally
we would not do another one for 10
years. 
However, with the loss of 13 folks since
the last reunion, we wanted 
to have one at 45.

I did not do a lot of planning
on this one due to the 
pain and stone issues but I 
have to say, the planning
committee did a great job.

When I was calling folks at
the very beginning of the 
planning of this years reunion, I
pulled out my annual to look
up folks when their name did
not register with me.


This is my senior annual, I also 
have 9th. 10th, 11th and 
this one. I have about worn
the binding out on this one.

I was supposed to head over
and help set up for the 
event last night, but I did not make
it. I was not
thinking I would be able
to even make it to the 
reunion, but I was able
 to get past that.

DuPont High School,
we were the Bulldogs.

These items are kept
stored in the alumni room at 
the old Jr. High School. All reunions
use these items when setting
up for their reunion.
The golf course supplies us
with the white linen table clothes. 

Kim was at the reunion and
she was supporting her necklace
and her school ring.
Both of which I did not
purchase.


So if you read my post 
you have read about 
the 
POST!
HAHA
This is the Gibbs
family portrait with
baby Post in the center,
I really think this one might become
a framer and a gift to 
Cindy and Danny.


Our missing you table.
Five years ago, I think there
was only four framed pics of 
classmates that have left us.


This year we added two more.

 The staff is always amazing
when we are at the golf course.
We did not want a full fledged 
meal, went with appetizers.
We had a grill cheese bar.

Pick your bread, pick you 
cheese, pick the fixings 
you want with it and it 
was all fixed up for you.
I got a croissant, with pepper
jack cheese, bacon and spice
mustand. It was AMAZING!


Fruit.



Cheese and crackers.


Veggie tray, buffalo dip, 
buffalo chicken sliders and bacon
wrapped potatoes.


Darren and his wife. They drove in
from Nex Mexico for the event.
Darren's mom still lives down 
the dtree from me in the house they 
lived in when we were in Sr. High.


Tisha, Jerry and 
Jerry's wife.
Both grew up within
jumping distance from my
home. Jerry and I just a street
over from each other.


Darren and Coach Adcock.


Coach Adcock back in the day.


Clay and Wayne.
Two musicans from our 
group.


Janet.


My bud David. David lost his 
twin brother a few years back. Both
graduated in 78.


Jerry (married to Peggy), Peggy and 
Cindy,


Jerry and Peggy live up the street 
from me. Peggy and first hubs 
bought a house about five doors
up after I had moved away from home.
Peggy has been there all
these years.

My sweet friend Dawn, She
is not big on FB but she
always pops in and checks on 
me.


This is our famous twins from the 
class. Laurie and Lisa. They were backup 
singers for Bill Anderson while in their
20s and 30s, Two very talented
ladies. 

When I went to type
in the words, twins, I 
realized that we had 
three sets of them in school.

They lined us up for a 
big ole group pic and while 
folks were lining up and being 
silly, I took pics of course.

Karrie. 



Middie and Terri

I love getting shots of people
doing their own thing.....and 
taking selfies.


Mark had to get up n 
front of his pics over the 
years so we all could see the difference!


All in all, 
we had a great time.

Pam



 

Comments

Marie Smith said…
Everyone looks great at the reunion! My first class of graduates is now in the senior category! It is hard to believe.
Sandee said…
I graduated in 1969. Long, long ago. I did go to my 20th and that was it.

I love all the smiling faces and the food. Yummy.

Have a fabulous day and week, Pam. Scritches to the kitties. ♥
Mari said…
Pam! We are the same! I also graduated in 1978 and can't believe it's been 45 years. No reunion for us this year, we'll see what happens in the next few years.
Your time together looks fun!
Darla M Sands said…
I'm so glad you were able to attend and had fun. Blessings, my dear.
Hena Tayeb said…
Oh my it must have been wonderful to see everyone and remember those you lost.
Christine said…
A wonderful reunion!
Liz A. said…
I'm glad you did get to go. It looks like you had a wonderful time.
You are so lucky, it looks like you all get along and knew each other. There were 735 in my graduating class and nobody really seemed to care about friendships much.
Ann said…
Looks like a good time. Glad you were able to go.
There were just over 300 in my class. We had our 40th a couple of years ago. I have yet to be to any of them. Looks like you had a great time!
A wonderful reunion, great pictures.

All the best Jan

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom