Mama Beverly, and Shots Along the Way

 Beverly Edwards.
A strong, sweet, caring 
and loving Christian woman.
Two months ago Beverly 
was told that she had 
pancreatic cancer.
It had spread also to the liver
so, Beverly elected to 
not take treatments.
She was given 6 to 8 months.

Julie, one of my best friends,
is Beverly's daughter. 
I was going to go visit within
the last two months but I 
never made it. And as of 
Wed. 4-26-23, Beverly was 
gone. 

NEVER, NEVER put
off going to visit people.
Never trust that 6 months
will play out for the whole
6 months. She did really
well, she was with the family
for Easter but two months in,
something changed. The pain
was unbearable. Beverly
was taken to Alive Hospice,
I was out there to visit with her
on Saturday after the wedding I
worked. Beverly never woke up. 
The nurses said she could hear 
her children,
her hubs and grands.
I sat out there for four or more
hours with Julie and her family.
Outside of Beverly's room we
laughed, joked, and shared
memories,
In the room with Beverly we
all took our time sitting 
with her, holding her hand and
telling her we loved her.

I sat holding her hand and talking
with her myself. 
You see Beverly called me her
adopted daughter. She opened up
her arms to me as Julie's best friend, 
but then took me into her heart.
I was always felt welcome 
in her home. 

I love you Mama Beverly and
I will miss you. 

I grabbed a few pics while
heading to Felicity's
party.

Saw this amazing wooden bridge
so you know I had to stop
and take a few pics.

Black and whites.





Check out this cool
mailbox.

Also, had to pull off the road
for these pics.



Please keep Julie and her family
in your thoughts and prayers.
Thank you.

Pam





Comments

I'm very sorry to hear about your sweet Mama Beverly, hugs from all of us. ALl your photos are lovely today.
Mari said…
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friends sweet Mama. I'm glad you got to spend time with her and talk to her. I think she heard you.
Very cool photos you shared today!
So sorry to read about Beverly, may she rest in peace.

Your photographs are lovely, especially the black and white ones.

All the best Jan
Christine said…
Oh Pam, sorry for your loss. I have a friend who was given a year to live, that I am estimating was last October. She wants to get together as soon as the weather gets a bit nicer. We saw them maybe last weekend. I better put a priority on that. Life is so sad.
I am so very sorry for your loss Pam. I do love those black and white photos. Just my cup of tea. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Ann said…
So very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.
Those black and white photos are awesome.
Conniecrafter said…
So sorry to hear of your loss, so good to have had that time with her at the end and with the family remembering good times.
The pictures are so cool, hubby and I like to come across those kind of cool things too. That bridge is so special all out of wood like that.
Jeanie said…
I'm so very sorry, Pam. I think all of us have had that experience of thinking it best to wait a bit -- and then it's not. I know it has happened to me.

Your other photos are just lovely.
Sally said…
Oh Pam, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. We lost my son-in-law with the same disease a few months ago. My prayers are with you and her family.

Your photos, as usual, are spectacular. I believe b&w photos are my favorite.
xoxo
Darla M Sands said…
I am sad your dear friend went so hard. My mother-in-law was in terrible pain at the end. It's such a hard thing to see and I wouldn't wish pain like that on my worst enemy. :( Those images are fantastic. You should publish a coffee table book of your photos. Be well, my dear.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom