Stare Down and House

 Thanksgiving morn I 
was baking a cake and 
washing dishes when I 
looked out the window 
and saw deer.

Went into the living 
room to get the camera and 
as I walked past the living
room window I 
saw this site

And how fitting on 
Thanksgiving Day...
Wild turkey!

I then sneak out on the 
deck for picks of the
deer.

It's like they know
that this is a safe
spot during hunting
season. They hung out
eating grass for about 
45 mins.

But then the next
visitor to appear
is the feral.
I need to give him/her
a suitable name.


There was a sort
of stand off
and stare down.

The feral moved, the deer
jumped and all settled
back down, but the feral
decided to make it back 
up into the wooded area.


In the next pic
it appears the 
feral turned and
looked at the 
deer again.

Then it proceeded to
continue on its venture.
See the red right in 
front of the feral?
That is the house I 
made it.

Next pic should have been
when the cat entered
the house, but I missed
that shot!
CRAP.

I love when pics tell a
story. 
I see this story as the 
feral giving to stare
to the deer in warning
that, that is its house
and the deer needs
to back off.
Made me so proud that 
it feels safe there
and I was able to do
that for that sweet babe.

Thanks to my furs for allowing
me to post about the animals
on my blog instead of them 
posting it. 

Pam













Comments

Liz A. said…
Quite the wild kingdom you have going on outside your house.
catladymac said…
What a peaceable kingdom ! (And what an impressive flock of turkeys !)
Ann said…
How nice to see all that wildlife right through your window.
Christine said…
Nice to see the wildlife
It's a really good feeling when you've made a feral happy. I sure enjoyed seeing all the wildlife at your place.
That's a lot of critters!
Nice to see the photographs.

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan
Marie Smith said…
That cat is so fortunate to have you caring for it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom