Valentine Tree, The Loss Well Known, and an Old Friend

 I did this thing, that I
never have done before,
left up my tree.

And yesterday I did this
other thing.
I made decorative 
hearts to hang on 
my tree.

I looked at several
places for hearts to 
hang on the tree and
decided that I was not
putting out a lot 
of money to do this.

SO...
I took some poster board
I had at home. Purchased
some scrapbook paper
that got may attention and 
used a stencil I had.
I drew hearts on 
my poster board using
the stencil. Then I flipped
the poster board over,
Took glue and applied
the scrapbook paper
to that side. Once dry I 
flipped back over to
the heart outline and 
cut that out. I was going
to hang them on jute using
mini close pin holders but
since my craftroom is a wreck 
I just decided to place them
on the branches of the tree.

I actually did two sizes
of hearts.


I love it. 

So this Jan. we have lost
a few well known 
stars.

First (although not in Jan)
But on new years eve....
we lost Betty White.


On the 9th we lost
Bob Sagent.
Sagent was reported to not 
have any drugs in his system 
and there was no 
foul play. 
They are looking into
it more. 

Just the other day there
was the death of Meat Loaf,
Michael Lee Aday,
lost his battle with 
COVID.


Yet another one that took
a stand against wearing
mask and taking shots. 
So sad.

Tammy, 
an older friend came
to the house to pick up the 
painting she had requested.
 
She loved it. 

Tammy and I go back to 
Jr. High School.
Met in the 7th grade,
stayed friends till she
moved to Memphis TN. 
Still stayed friends but 
finally with growing older,
having families we
grew apart. FB brought
us back together. 
She lives down around my
daughter but is living here
ten mins from me with her
dad helping him over
a stroke. 

Filled up a glove the other
day with water. Last yr
I did that with balloons
and food color. I used all
my food color then and since
I don't use it, I did not buy
anymore. Once the glove
was frozen I could not 
get the glove off.

HAHA....

Pam











Comments

Marie Smith said…
Your tree is pretty and unique. Love it.
Sandee said…
Your tree reminds me of a good friend that kept a small tree up year around. She would decorate it for each holiday. Always loved seeing that tree different times during the year. I sure miss her and her husband.

Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Pam. Scritches to all the furbabes. ♥
Yes, we sure lost some amazing humans! That painting sure is cool.
Ann said…
Your hearts look great on your tree. That's a neat idea.
There sure have been a lot of good ones passing.
Christine said…
I didn't know Meatloaf died of Covid.
Liz A. said…
Cute hearts on the tree. So, shamrocks for March? Eggs for April? This could be a theme tree for the full year.
Darla M Sands said…
We also lost Louie Anderson. :( With so many great entertainers fallen, I wonder if flies are thinking that they're dropping like humans. Sorry for the bad joke. Dark humor keeps us sane around here. lol Best wishes!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom