The Valentine Tree, Visitors Passing Through and the Golden Years

 Valentine Tree...

I started with just the hearts
on it.

Then I put some silver
bells that I had on 
there also.

Then yesterday I was at 
the Dollar Tree and found
three heart necklaces for 
a buck. I got two packs and 
pulled them apart to
drape on the tree like
garland.



I am loving my Christmas tree
turned a holiday tree.

  Friday morning at 6:30 am,

I was up
thanks to Lily Bits running
across the body !!
 
I walked past the picture
window to see 
these babes.
Actually there were six
of them in the yard.
My subdivision is the pass through
from the woods between
the little league 
field and the subdivision, to 
the river. 
My yard seems to be the 
walk through!
I love seeing the 
sites,  but I feel
sad for the deer. 
 
Next on the list...
I remember the days when I 
would not even go to 
the mailbox without makeup
on! lol
Those days are LONG
gone. 
I had a meeting the other day 
and once I was done with 
that I knew I needed
to go to the grocery store
and run a couple of errands.
I was hurting, it was cold out
and it was 3:30pm
before I was able to head
out....those things just 
made my mood not the best.
But with that said, I was in 
Lowes, not getting anything
taken care of when I decided
I just needed to go home.

When I got a text from 
my Tim. He wanted to know
if I wanted to do dinner
and a movie. I past on 
the movie but was good 
with dinner. 
I told him that he would
have to take me
for how I was...
no makeup and with my
run around the house
socks. Not the socks
that you should wear with 
slip on shoes. 

haha....yep, having makeup on
and 
dressed nice is not a given
for me going out these days!!!

Golden years my ass!!

Did I ever tell you about my conversation 
about the golden years with 
my mom?
If not here you go~
I retired at 55 in 2015 due
to my Fibro. Till 2019
I sort of just made it through
the days. My body had taken
a turn for the worse and 
my house was going to hell.
I was bringing in projects that
I never seemed to get around
too. It was not a hoarding like
thing but it was on the verge of
getting out of control. 
But it had been heading that
way for several years. 
You see, I have this
issue that I have yet
to accept that I can't
do the things I used to do.
With that said, I was pulling
up in moms drive and she
was standing at the garage.
I was having a rough day so I 
got out of the car, which 
was a struggle and I asked
mom where the hell was
those "Golden Years I had
heard so much about"?.
She chuckled and said, "they
don't exist"..
The next thing I said was, 
"I guess you will tell me
next that I can stop looking
for the fountain of youth"?
"yep, that don't exit either"!!!

Pam







Comments

Love the deer and your Valentine Tree is so amazing, bravo!
Liz A. said…
I never was one to wear makeup all the time. I even stopped wearing it to work. What's the point when I'm wearing a mask all the time, anyway? I'm sorry you're hurting. I hope that eases off a bit for you.
Christine said…
funny about the golden years and fountain of youth, or maybe not so funny. I hear you about dressing up. Pam you have a boyfriend?
Ann said…
What a nice treat to see the deer out on your front yard.
I haven't worn makeup in years. I just don't feel the need to put that much effort into my morning routine.
Marie Smith said…
My MIL and my husband have that same conversation regularly. It’s not easy being a senior. Every day is earned!
Rhodesia said…
My mother used to say the Golden Years and very badly tarnished!!!
Keep safe, Diane
I do like your Valentine Tree, it's a super idea.

Happy February wishes.

All the best Jan

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom