Snowy Milk, 6am Moon, Wooden Trees and Talking Buttons

 Milk and bread is
the go to when southern
states call for snow. 
I am not that way cause
I don't buy milk or
bread hardly ever.

But this is funny.

Bread and milk:they're the hardest things to find in grocery stores when a winter storm is looming.

As snow fell across Middle Tennessee on Sunday, one family in Macon County skipped the traditional snowman and built a snow sculpture called "Our Tribute to Milk."

 

"[Milk] is one of the most sought after, must have necessities of a snowstorm," Shaun Trent told FOX 17 News.

 

Experts have linked "panic buying" ahead of winter storms to psychological factors like anxiety and loss of control. Others say it's less complicated: buyers leave grocery store shelves empty simply because everyone else is doing it.

The Trent family also built a snow sculpture of Snoopy from Charlie Brown.

 The moon at
6am Tuesday morn.

Took this pic after
Lily did her run
across my body wake
up call.

I bought these trees
at Dollar General 
a week before
Christmas. They come
flat and you slide
then into each other.


Like them so much I 

left them out to
enjoy. I don't want to 
paint them but I might 
stain them.

Have you seen these?
You record messages or
words into these and 
you teach your pet
to stand on the one 
they want.
I would put eat in 
one, outside with 
another one
and play. 

Your pet will learn
what button 
says what...
they will stand on 
that button when
they want the item
mentioned there.
With Lily I am sure
she will 
push the play
button all the time.
They are called
pet recording buttons..

Yep, putting that on my
list of things my
pets need.

Pam





Comments

Christine said…
Neat stuff. Interesting about milk and snowy weather.
Jeanie said…
Lizzie would just look at them and walk away. Up here, bread and milk shelves are packed.
That milk jug is so funny and very clever! Yes, we need those pet buttons too!
Liz A. said…
They use something similar for the non-verbal students at the school I'm currently working at. There's also a version of those buttons that is an app on a tablet. I doubt pets could use a tablet, though.
Marie Smith said…
Here the must have for a coming storm is a bag of chips. Here the term storm chips is on everyone’s mind before a blizzard.
Red Rose Alley said…
Love those trees. I've been wanting to visit the Dollar Store lately. They have so many holiday stuff all the time. I like those trees just as they are, even without painting them. What a pretty photo of the moon outside your window with the lace curtains. I really like that picture, Pam.

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom