Rosemary Cornbread for Betsy
Hello all...
Betsy over at
https://beth-wildwoodhome.blogspot.com/
said that they love
cornbread and would
love to know how I
make my rosemary
cornbread.
Betsy, that is just
something I played
with and threw together
but here you go...
I use yellow cornmeal.
Also, since I am making
just for me, I just dip
out the cornmeal
I want. Maybe a cup..
Dash of salt, one
egg and hot water to
make it like
just right, you
know how runny or
not to make it.
I put about a 1/4
teaspoon
of dried Rosemary.
Mix this up. Oil in
skillet, just enough to
cover the bottom. Let
it heat up, a spoonful
of cornmeal and fry till
that side is done, and
flip.
When I take it up
while its hot, a touch
of butter and some
kosher salt.
I have also made it
with parmesan cheese
in there.
I also have played
around with putting
onions in my cornmeal.
If you like another
herb like Basil or
Oregano then do you
cornbread that way.
A friend of mine actually
used to put a fruit cup
in his for a sweet
cornbread.
So I say, just go for
it and play!!
I also make white
rosemary bread since
rosemary is one of my
fave herbs.
Another note, if you
don't want to fry
your cornbread up and
you want to bake in the
oven, take out the
water and add your
milk and herbs and just
bake it.
Just going in and adding
what I want is how
I came up with the
amazing blueberry
cake I make.
Named by my friend
James, Blueberry Bomb.
YUM...
Have fun with
your breads,
Pam


Comments
~Sheri