Different Birds and State Symbols

 I decided to do this post
after reading Sheri's post
and she mentioned quail
that pass through her yard.

She spoke of them havind
a feather that sticks out
in the top of their
head. That made me think
that ours do not have that.

Here is a Bobwhile Quail
that lives in Tennessee.

This is a Red Quail that also
lives in Tennessee.
No feather on the top
of the head.

And here is a quail from
California.


Interesting!!!

The difference in those
birds reminded me of
when I was in the 
Palomar Mt in 
California in 
2018. At that time
I saw the funniest 
looking blue bird.
I asked Cory about it and 
he told me it was a 
Blue Jay.
WOW...
not anything like
a Tennessee Blue Jay.

Sheri also mentioned that 
the quail was Calif state
bird so that gave me this
idea.

How about you all 
fill me in on what your
state symbols are.

Tennessee State bird is
the Mockingbird.

Our state flower is
the iris.

Our state wildflower is
the Passion Flower.


State Tree is 
the Tulip Poplar


The flowers on a Tulip
Poplar.


State wild animal is the 
raccoon.


State fish, smallmouth bass.


State insect is 
the Ladybug
 

State reptile
is the Eastern Box Turtle.


and our state gem is 
the Tennessee
River Pearl.


Can you tell me off
your head what is
your state symbols?
Only ones I as not sure
about was our tree and 
the reptile. 

Fill me in....
teach me something,
Pam






























Comments

Sandee said…
California

Amphibian: California red-legged frog
Bird: California quail
Fish: Fresh water: Golden trout
Marine: Garibaldi
Flower: California poppy
Grass: Purple needlegrass
Insect: California dogface butterfly
Mammal: Land: California grizzly bear (State animal)[2]
Marine: Gray whale
Reptile Desert tortoise
Tree: Coast redwood & giant sequoia

Have a great day and week. Scritches to the furbabes. ♥
Liz A. said…
No idea, really. I only know the state flower, but it looks like Sandee's got me covered.
Ann said…
I have no idea what any of those are for Pa. I would have to look them all up.
Very interesting! Our State bird in SC is the Carolina Wren.
Darla M Sands said…
Liz cracked me up. :) I know the state bird is the cardinal and flower is carnation. But that is as much as I know. Thanks for sharing. I may have to look up the rest. Some of these categories are unfamiliar! Best wishes, my dear.
Rhodesia said…
Wow, loved this post, but then you know how much I love nature and wild animals and insects. Goos to see what you have over there. Just love that racoon, what a cheeky looking face. Hope all is well with you, cheers Diane
Red Rose Alley said…
Oh, your state insect is the Ladybug? I absolutely LOVE them, and they are so special to me. And you mentioned our state bird on here, the Quail. Aren't they funny? I just love seeing them cross my lawn every day. Thanks for mentioning me on your post, Pam. It was so interesting to hear all about Tennessee's state flowers and such. Here in California, the state flower is the orange Poppy. I see them growing wild on the edges of the countryside. They're so pretty, but we can't pick them. I've seen that Passion Flower on a friend's blog that lives in Florida. It is so unusual and beautiful. Thanks for the fun post, Pam. Isn't that raccoon the cutest thing? : )

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom