COVID 19, Etch a Sketch


It has been awhile since I
reported on my friend Jenny's
dad.

75 days in ICU. Total with
rehab 105 days. Lost both
legs, fought to pull through
the VIRUS crap and he
WON!
Monday he returned home!

YAY for Mr. Carden.

Moving on....my friend
Lisa just lost her boss last
week to this virus. He was
scheduled to retire the 31st
of July.

I still don't understand how it
affects some one way and
some another. Lisa's boss found
out that same week that he had
it and then he was gone.

CRAZY CRAP!

Went to my doc today for
my physical. Yay....stuck withCOVImissed my last Hypetites shot. So
I am updated now. I had blood
taken. Had my physical, talked with
my doc, set up an apt for a mammogram,
set up apt for physical and mammo for
next yr.

Saw this in the hall going to
my docs office.

No photo description available.

Did you know that July 12th
will be National Etch a Sketch Day!?
See the source image

Who used to have one of these?
I did and of course I played
with my sons also.
Never was that good at it.

HAHA...

Pam



Comments

Rhodesia said…
So sad that your friends Dad has lost both his legs but hopefully he will cope now with the virus behind him. Sorry about your friends boss as well, terrible news.
Glad your medical went well, keep safe, Diane
That's really sad on all counts, we're quite tired of that evil virus.
Sandee said…
Sorry about the losses, but yay on your friend that survived. That rocks.

Yes I had an Etch A Sketch. I loved that thing. Played with it for hours. Such fun. Didn't know there was a day for it though.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to the babes. ♥
Ann Thompson said…
Sorry to hear about yourfriends dad and your othwr friends boss.
I did have an etch-a-sketch but I could never draw much with it
Liz A. said…
I was terrible at Etch-a-Sketch, too.

Did you see the NOVA they did on Covid? It's a tricky virus, and no one knows how it'll effect them. It could kill a perfectly healthy person, and yet some who aren't as don't. And then there are those that get it, survive, but now have diminished lung capacity or energy or other long-term consequences. It's ugly.

Stay safe.
Christine said…
Depends on your fate if you are meant to live or die it is clear.
BeachGypsy said…
I'm so glad you got your doctors appointment DONE!! YAY!! Happy birthday to your son, loved all those pictures! And yes, I sure do remember etch a sketch.........loved mine when i was a little girl. Got them for our own kids too, and even played with theirs, ha ha LOL! They are neat toys. You're right...the virus is darn WEIRD. Affects so many in different ways. Remember a few posts you were talking about killer hornets, tornadoes, earthquakes, locust plagues, and all that? And of course, this virus. And guess what I saw on the news yesterday----BUBONIC PLAGUE in some country or somewhere. The Black Death. Oh man, that's a BAD BAD ONE too I think. Maybe worse. Not sure. Too much to worry about.
Pilar said…
I'm sorry to hear about your friend's boss. I'm glad to hear your other friend dad is doing better. I was wondering that too. Covid has different symptoms or even asymptomatic. South Carolina is quickly becoming a Hotspot for Covid. I just saw on the news there are over 50,000 cases here.
Jeanie said…
This virus is a bear and anyone who doesn't think so hasn't had someone with an experience like Jerry's. Or your friend's boss. Me? I'm isolating maybe forever!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom