Colors and Christmas Trees


Are you a traditional type of Christmas
decorator?
Do you use Christmas balls of red,
green, silver and gold? Or do you venture
off and do your own thing, and colors?
Multi color lights or clear?
Blinking or staying on?

Here are some pics of trees
I pulled from Pinterest.

This red, white and silver is
really pretty.

Decorate Your Christmas Tree Like a Pro With These 7 Tips | Balsam Hill

I prefer silver over gold but the 
tree below is pretty also, done in
red and gold.

72 gorgeous diy thanksgiving & christmas table decorations & centerpieces page 11 | Pointsave.net

More questions, do you do a themed 
tree?

This blue is nice also, it pops and 
looks nice to not be in the basic 
Christmas colors.
Happy Happy Monday! Aren’t weekends in December just fun? I hope yours was a great one! Our Blue Christmas continues today with all the deets on our main Christmas Tree. For anyone that is just stopping in from Polished Habitat, welcome! This year we are having a Blue Christmas at Southern State of Mind- which means I …

Teal and silver...nice.

20+ Awesome Christmas Tree Themes Décor Ideas For Home That Inspire You

But you know  this is the winner
for me....PURPLE.

Christmas%2Btree%2Bpurple%2Band%2Bsilver

I thought about doing a purple
tree a few years ago but then I 
hated to have that many more 
ornaments!

Well, PURPLE is nice and
although pink is not my color
it is bright.

17 Christmas Tree Ideas That You Have Never Seen Before

Now this one below is different and
allows you to go with different colors,
esp if you can't make up your mind
on a color to to with.

Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas - These color-coded Christmas tree decorations are taking the internet by storm!  Beautiful and EASY tree decorating ideas for Christmas

I am also not a fan of buffalo print,
or yellow....

Black and white plaid decoration in living room.

Speaking of color.....did you know that
black trees seem to be a new thing?
I saw one tonight at Wally World. 
It was only 39.00 bucks, and I am thinking
that next yr I might just have to have one.

35 Black Christmas Tree Ideas 'coz everything else is just Background Noise - Hike n Dip

Just cause its cool. 

Stars or angels on top?








Comments

Ann said…
My tree doesn't have a theme or a color scheme. It's just a bunch of miscelaneous ornaments. While I'm not crazy about the yellow I do like the buffalo print on that one tree. I've always liked buffalo plaid. What can I say...lol
I've always gone back and forth between clear lights and colored but now I have both. My tree is a pre lit with white lights and I added a string of colored. No blinking on my tree. I've had blinking in the past but none of the lights I have now blink
Those are really pretty trees! Our neighbor friend has one that looks like the first one, ours is somewhat more traditional...and we've a big bow on top.
Christine said…
gorgeous trees, mine is traditional red green gold
Liz A. said…
I haven't Christmas decorated in several years. The classroom I was in today had a pink tree.
Jeanie said…
I'm a mix. Pretty traditional with reds as the main color but I'm also pretty eclectic and in some areas, rustic/cabin. The bathroom? A pink tree. I just can't decide because I love them all!
Sandee said…
I love the red and gold trees the very best. When I decorated our tree was red and gold.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Pam. ♥
Rain said…
Those are nice photos Pam. :) Ours is all red, red lights and red balls...nothing more! Nothing on top either! Very simple yet cozy!
Darla M Sands said…
I'm an eclectic decorator, for sure. Quite a few ornaments are from my youth, even early childhood. I tend to write on a box who gave it to me, or on the piece itself. My tree's not going up this year, though, as it doesn't seem worth the effort. It's a nice tree, if getting old. It's seven feet tall and my latest topper is a lit star, though I've used two different unlit angels in past, too. The star is very pretty, but also heavy. After struggling something awful one season, I found a Youtube video that showed me the excellent idea of using zip ties to attach a dowel to the treetop - problem solved!

This is getting long, but I want to add that while I've not noticed black artificial trees (rarely set foot in stores where they're sold, truth be told), that is an interesting look. A trend I have noticed is real miniature specimens cut for sale at the grocery store. And The Pancake House where we occasionally dine has a lovely artificial tree sporting some black ornaments, which I found surprising yet very classy.

In my heart, though, tradition ultimately reigns. I'm more into nostalgia than fashion. ~grin~ Hope you're feeling better, my dear.
In 1972 I started out with colored balls. Then I found Hallmark ornaments and my tree is full of nothing else. Some people may find it ugly or too much but to me it is a work of art.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom