The Boys/Mailboxes/Bread

Yesterday was Thanksgiving Dinner
at the boys school. So I drove down to 
go to school and have lunch with the 
boys. Amber and I stopped at Subway
and got them subs for lunch, we did not
eat. 

This is Braden and I at his school.

Image may contain: 3 people, including Pam Montgomery Jackson, people smiling, child and indoor

Amber and I went back an 
hour later to have lunch with 
DJ. Amber took a shot of DJ and 
I. He goes to the same school as
Braden, till next yr anyway.

Image may contain: 4 people, including Pam Montgomery Jackson, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

Down the street from the boys
school there were these two cool
mailboxes and since I make it a point
to photograph cool, unusual mailboxes
I had to get these.


This one is really UNUSUAL!
Tractor on a pole attached to 
a rail, like on a porch with 
a wagon wheel and the actual
mailbox is attached to all of that.
DIFFERENT. Eye catching!

Image may contain: sky, cloud, basketball court and outdoor

Although I had a BUTT kicking
headache all day, a front was coming 
in, I was not letting it mess up my time
with the boys. However after Amber and 
I had lunch I started to feel really sick so
I headed home. The food with several
handfuls of Tylenol seemed to help with 
the headache. It let up enough that I went
to dinner with friends. Still not feeling up
to par, I really did not get to enjoy dinner
that well. But what I had was good.


Last night and this morning
my head was still acting up so 
I did not go to work. Usually once
a front moves in, which it did last night, 
things let up...however this was not
the case, it was not till the rain moved
out that the head let up. The 
crapper of it...
another front coming in
tonight, and I am filling
it now. 
The joys of life.

Once it did I started cleaning on 
the house some and then I 
decided to bake some bread. 
I made up some Rosemary rolls.

Image may contain: food

A small loaf of Rosemary bread.

Image may contain: food

My mom used to make Mexican cornbread 
all the time for my brother Mark. I did not 
stop to realize that he might be missing
that till his wife, Kim mentioned to me
that she might try and make him some. 
I then offered to do that. 

I made up a batch but on 
my way to take it to him I kept
thinking it was not right. Something
was wrong. On the way from the barn
I realized it was the cornmeal. I used
white and I was betting mom used 
yellow. So off to the store I went for 
yellow cornmeal, and some buttermilk. 

It looks great.......
and it tasted just like moms. 

Image may contain: food

Mark will be working tomorrow but
I will take it over and leave it
with Kim so it will be there 
when
he gets home. 










Comments

Pilar said…
That was so sweet of you all to have lunch at the school with them! Have a great weekend Pam!
Ann said…
I remember when my kids were in school, I believe it was the second graders who used to put on a Thanksgiving dinner for their families. Everyone was invited in at lunch time. I can't remember what all they served but the kids sure enjoyed it.
All those good foods sure look yummy!
Christine said…
Sorry about the headache, blame it on the weather. You bread looks good.
Rain said…
The Mexican cornbread and rosemary breads look amazing! That sucks about your headache...my gosh, I used to get migraines a lot and the only thing that helped was actually sipping on fennel tea. Didn't get rid of it, but made it tolerable. I hope you feel better soon!
wisps of words said…
YOu do an awful lot, with a bad headache. Me, I take meds and veg out.

I know what you mean, about weather effecting us though. Headaches... Some joints ache, at times of rain coming. They don't other wise, for which I am grateful. But our bodies are weather predictors.

🔥💛🔥
Sounds like a good time with the boys. So sorry about your headaches. Your meals look yummy and way to go on baking bread and the cornbread.
Darla M Sands said…
I can't believe the pain you push through to socialize, be there, and do things for loved ones. It's amazing. You rock! For me, the social act is difficult in and of itself. lol Take care of yourself, my dear.
Jeanie said…
Now those are some fun shots. And the bread looks delicious. Hang in there with the heads.I get that completely!
Love the photographs of you with the boys.
This is such a great time of year.
Sending early Thanksgiving wishes to you …

All the best Jan
Liz A. said…
Those are great mailboxes. Glad the cornbread worked out.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Coffee Table Redo

Another Chilling Day - Brothers HOuse