Sunrise/Dresser/Birds/Evie


Wednesday morning on my
way to work I ran by the barn
to feed and let Misfire out.
As I started under the train
tracks I saw the sun poking
out from behind the trees.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

I was scrolling through FB and 
saw this. 

Image may contain: indoor and text

I love this. I would totally
have this in my upstairs bathroom.

Without googling the answer to
my question, can you tell me the 
reason why birds line up facing
the same way?

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Just a couple of Nashville pics
cause I am really running low
on things to blog about!
haha....yep, me!

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

HAHA....I like the statement
below. Thank goodness I have
not gotten to that point yet.

Image may contain: text

Liz over at Laws of Gravity wondered 
about the cat houses.
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Yes, they are made with ice 
chest with styrofoam lining
the inside. This helps to make
the home for feral cats warmer.
Also, you are suppose to put
straw (bottom pic) in there and
not blankets. Blankets will get
wet and take forever to dry. 
I have one made like this
with a plastic bin instead of the
ice chest. However, I have a large
chest in the shed, not ever being 
used and I think I will fix it up
for the babes in the barn. I worry
at night about them staying warm.

As for the comments on Misfire
freaking out when the barn was
painted. I wondered if it was cause
the darkness it caused instead of
the smell of the paint. I never smelled
the paint but that does not mean that
there was not a smell that only she
picked up on. She has been fine
since then. 
Everleigh (EVIE) Update~
Went for a follow up EEG 
today and to see the Nuro doc.
She checked out fine, no signs
of seizures so the meds are
doing great.

Image may contain: one or more people and people sleeping

Love those big eyes. 

Image may contain: one or more people and people sleeping








Comments

Liz A. said…
Oh, okay, that makes sense. That's a good idea for when it gets cold.

Paint does smell for a few days at least, so I could understand Misfire reacting to that.
wisps of words said…
Nope, don't know about the birds.

Probably the paint smell. Thought all paint smells.... No? But anyway, an animal can detect so much more than we can. So glad he is happy again.

Beautiful baby, and good news.

How about her parents, are they finishing HS? Oh I hope both of them are.

🍬🎂🍬
Sandee said…
I love that dresser turned into a bathroom vanity. So clever.

Way cool on the feral homes out of the ice chests. I didn't know about not putting blankets in there. Makes sense to me.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
The birds always face the same why because of the earth's magnetic poles. If they face the wrong way they get lost. Who knows, both of those were guesses. That's really great news about sweet Everleigh.
Darla M Sands said…
Folks pay good money for bathroom furnishings like this. Upcycling an old dresser is awesome. :) Poor Evie, what a heartbreaking photo, but I'm glad for good news! You take such lovely photos. ~hugs~ As for the birds, is it due to the wind? I seem to recall learning about this behavior a while back and can't recall if my idea was off base or not. Be well!
Christine said…
sweet baby, going to google why birds do that!
Ann said…
That is a pretty cool idea for a bathroom.
I have no clue why the birds line up that way. I read it once somewhere but forget why.
Good news on Everleigh.
Pilar said…
That's good news about Everleigh! That vanity/sink is very creative and unique!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom