The Yard 2019

According my kids, Amber and 
Cory I have recently learned that they
like things symmetrical. 


Yes, that pic above is pretty.
BUT SO NOT ME.

I have to laugh that my kids
are like that, I must drive them totally
nuts. I like things here and there,
all different, just placed where I think
it will look good.

HAHA...
Moving on...
My flowerbed has suffered this yr.
Here is what is along side of the shed.






Looks HORRIBLE.
Or should I say it LOOKED
HORRIBLE?
 You see, today I have felt really
good. I did yesterday also but yesterday but
I spent the better part of the day
with my grandson DJ.

Today though, it was not overly hot
and there has been a good breeze so 
I sprayed my natural bug oils on 
me and went to work in the yard....

You see when I sat on my deck I could enjoy
my flowers, I could also go through the yard
right up to them. But when I had the 
fence put in that changed. Can't see
the bed as well and I have to go out
the gate next to the deck, around the shed 
just to see those plants. 

The fence actually went through
the flower bed so part  of it 
was in the fence and the other
part outside. 

As you can see in the pic
below, the bed inside the fence
has been built onto!!!


I even dug up and moved plants in 
hopes that the incoming rain will do
them good and not hurt them.


Oops....I ran out of dirt.


But I got a lot done.
In the next few days after the rain
I will move more and go purchase
some more dirt.

I had some sage in my pots that 
I put in the guitar but they were not
doing well so I move them to a bigger
pot and picked up some 
ivy for the smaller pots.


If you remember a friend gave me
this metal CD Holder and I had
my friend Chris cut out some sections
that held the CDs so I could put pots
in there. 

 Chris mom gave me some hummingbird
vine and I planted it in that large
green pot. Picked up the trellis
at Wally World today.
It should grow right up that and 
bloom.


I also have some cat nip and parsley 
planted in pots that Julie gave me.

I had this vicca vine planted in that
pot and climbing up the springs 
of the babybed so all I did was move them.


I have  alot of little extras that add
to the look of my yard. Like the 
bunny and the glass knob thing I 
made and applied to a metal pole.

 

Check out my basil!
I had to run my hands through it
to release the smell several times today.
I LOVE IT.

Another cute detail for the yard is 
the light things I made last yr.
Different size bottles with river rock
in them to weight them down, take 
a solar light apart and E6000 glue
(THE BEST)
the lights in place and they look
so adorable light up at night.
Also added this year is the slipper
from Goodwill.


A couple of my signs also.


My hydrangea bushes. There is
four large ones and one really
small there. I have had these for 
over 20 years. 

 

And in the Crepe Myrtle mixed
in with the bushes is a darling 
little birdhouse.


Last year I added the barbwire wreath 
above the doors of the shed. 
Attached to it is a horse shoe.


A metal piece I picked up years ago
at Goodwill. I had planned on placing 
a small bowl in there for bird seed
but decided to do a solar light again
glued down. It does not shine bright but
when I look out at night it looks great.


Here is in front of my porch in the 
front yard. I have a lot of hosta.


And look here...more hosta. 


Not only did I plant the hummingbird
vine from Chris mom I planted the rose
bush he got me a couple weeks ago.


Lets not forget this adorable detail to 
the yard. My WILDFLOWER
that I welded and made.


Course I know while walking through my 
yard you noticed the painted shed, the
plates used as back borders
and the painted stepping stones.
I love color in the yard!

There is more hidden items 
through the yard I will shoot and show
later. Hoping you were relaxed while 
cruising around the yard.

Oops...forgot to mention, the 
flowerbed on the side of the
shed is almost gone. I removed
the border and used them on what
I did today and I have moved most 
of the items. There are a few still
to move but I need more dirt.
The small crepe myrtle and some
plants there will remain, I will
just clean up the area and keep
it mowed around. 



Comments

WOW, you sure have been busy and things are sure looking nice.
Christine said…
Lovely green garden, symmetrical or not!
wisps of words said…
I like the idea of symmetrical, like the first picture. But admit, don't really achieve it. Guess I call mine, "my" idea, of symmetrical. :-)

I love an old fashioned garden look. And they were not really symmetrical.

You have yours, exactly as it makes you happy! And like everything else, everything in our lives, *should* be pleasing to us, as far as possible.

You are expecting rain. We can't 'get rid' of rain! -sigh- A fully sunny day, is cause for much celebration!

Isn't it funny, really...? How we have to purchase dirt (potting soil)? Can you imagine our grand parents, (or my parents), saying they have to go out and buy dirt? Just another one of the _changes_ in life.

✨��✨
Evi Erlinda said…
Beautiful garden and trees, Symmetrical trees :)
I like your whimsical garden. You basil looks great. I'm glad that you created a space that feels right for yourself.
Darla M Sands said…
I hope you didn't overtax yourself. That's a lot of work. Thank you for sharing your creative and lovely space. I wish our soil weren't so alkaline. There are so many plants we cannot grow, and the rather disingenuous garden centers still sell them alongside expensive soil additives that never worked the few times I tried. Oh, well. My purple coneflowers are thriving as usual. Happy Gardening and take care!
Rhodesia said…
My husband like straight lines, I hate them!! Great set of photos. Cheers Diane
Red Rose Alley said…
You have a charming yard, Pam. So many different things to see. I love the sunflower painted on the door. And the sign "weeds for sale, dirt cheap" is perfect. LOVE THAT. The basil and bunny reminded me of Jess, cause a few years ago, she had a little basil garden with a bunny sitting next to it on her front porch. Try to stay cool in this Summer heat. Nel is traveling back to California this week, and her first stop was Tennessee. She took a few cool pictures. : )

~Sheri
I am happy to hear you have had some great days Pam. The yard is looking fabulous, full of character and whimsy. I love the smell of basil too and how that fragrance stays on your hands after cutting some.
Ann said…
It's all looking good. You've been busy
Liz A. said…
There's a place for symmetrical, and there's a place for your kind of garden. It keeps the world from getting boring.
Sally said…
I wouldn't know symmetrical if it bit me on the nose. I love seeing other's who like it, and that pic at top is lovely. I'm more like you, Pam. I like a lot of color.

You did so much, and as you can see (I don't know what I've been doing to have missed these posts). Catching up now though.

I guess it was the last post of yours mentioning eczema; that's bad. My mom had psoriasis and it was all over both hands. We thought it would never go away. I hope the dr will be able to take care of the itching you have, also.

xoxo
Your garden is looking good.
Your Hosta look very healthy, and I love the little rabbit and the basil.

All the best Jan
Jeanie said…
It's beautiful. Wish you could come up here and take on mine. It's a mess!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom