Paint/Plant/Milennials/Fibro

It's my FRIDAY!
HAHA
Normally my Friday falls 
on Thursday in a work week.
Took tomorrow off since I have
a mid morn apt with the skin doc.


I have the most AWESOME
canvas on the side of my house and 
I have thought about doing something
like this
(below).


I really want to, but since I am
not sure if I will be staying here
or moving out some more I 
am going to hold off.
BUT I LOVE IT!

Talking about painting...


Found this in the city next to mine.
So neat.

My friend Chris has gotten to giving
me flowers. He says he sees something
and wants to get it for me.
This is a  cyclamen.
Course I was not sure what it was
and my friends on FB were able
to help me out. 


This one is a house plant so I 
will probably leave in the kitchen
to keep little paws (Lily)
away from it.

Deorderant!
A must on a summer day for 
sure.
But I heard both on the radio 
and the TV news that 
MILLENNIALS
are chosing not to use
deorderant.


Apparently the thoughts are that
if they go several days without
then the body adjust itself so that you 
don't need it.

Bless their hearts!
Please think about the poor
folks around you!!!

I also heard that due to the 
Millennials
places like Sams wholesale,
and Costco will probably
not make it.
Millennials don't buy in bulk.
Oh wow.....

The other day on the way home
I needed lunch, had not eaten 
breakfast so I stopped at an
old tried and true.
SHONEYS.

It was pretty good.
I did the soup and salad bar.


Well, I managed to get this post
on the correct blog today.
Yesterday was one of the struggling
days. My body was not wanting 
to do what it should be doing.
I am in a small flare right now after
several good days. This flare is causing 
pain a tad more so then normal.
Fatigue ~ battling with that. But this
one is affecting me in other ways this
time. Would it surprise you to learn
that Fibromyalgia also affects your
brain to hands? Typing is affected.
Can't seem to get to the correct letter
and speed is not doable. 
It also hits speech. My voice does not
change but finding the correct word
when speaking is iffy. 
I tend to use a word that just don't
fit the word I need. Plus my conversations
can be really hard to follow. I 
can be in the mist of conversation 
when I draw a blank!
That and I jump really fast from one
thing to the other and back. 
Gets interesting when this happens!
Life is never boring!!!

Sharing a new selfie with you
In the building I work in when it
was redone a couple years ago
they went to Photo Services and
pulled some old slides to have
stretched canvas prints done to
hang in the bldg. 

They hang all OVER the 
bldg. I am not sure which
photographer shot this but its
BEAUTIFUL.


This one was probably done
for the Department of Tourism.
I will be doing several of these when
I come up on a pic I like.

If you are newer to my blog
you are not aware of the fact
that I hate selfies!
I dislike having my pic made,
but being a photographer I 
realized I hid from others cameras
and most events does not 
enclude a pic of me.
With the death of a friend of
mine in Oct. and then my mom
in Jan. and looking for pics
of me with these folks 
I realized that this needed
to change. I try and remember
to have my pic made with friends
and selfies for my kids.

Have a good day,






Comments

The canvas on the house is amazing! I absolutely love seeing street art! We had a cyclamen house plant in our last home. It was gorgeous. It bloomed twice a year but even when not in bloom, it an attractive plant with its heart shaped leaves that grew quite big. Deodorant is a must for me! I make my own though since the chemicals are bad and the natural ones on the market don't work. Beautiful selfie. I am the same way about selfies but recently have been working on being less camera shy and having my husband photograph me for the blog.
Sally said…
I've been concerned for you, Pam. Hopefully, today will be much better. You have such a great attitude.

Love that photo of you, and you are truly a great photographer. I think I missed something about you perhaps moving. But if you stay, or wherever you go - I know you would do a beautiful job on the side of your home like that the one in the picture. Only an artist such as yourself have the ability. :)

xoxo
Red Rose Alley said…
I'm sorry you are having bad days with your fibromyalgia, Pam. That's awful to go through. I know what you mean about taking pictures of ourselves. I don't take good pictures, and try to avoid it, but sometimes it's nice to get one in with the kids and grandkids. That is a pretty and colorful art mural in the town next to you. Your salad looks really good. I love peas in my salad as well.

Hoping you feel better and have good June days.

~Sheri
Rhodesia said…
Nothing worse than being in a queue behind people who do not use deodorant!!!! Keep well Diane
I like those paintings, especially the one on the side of the house!
Sandee said…
I love that outside wall mural. That's beautiful.

No deodorant? Bless their hearts indeed. They are going to get ripe in this summer heat.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. ♥
I totally get the fatigue! I can forget what I was talking about midway through or completely forget a word or name of something... I'll be able to describe it, but the actual word just disappears!
Ann said…
Those flowers painted on the side of a house look really pretty.
I don't know about the no deodorant thing. I don't think I'll ever test that out
Liz A. said…
The deoderant thing is due to misinformation telling people that deoderant causes cancer. (Actually, it was anti-persperant, and the studies they did used way more of the aluminum compound than one would actually get using it topically.)

As for everything Millenials are "killing"... Keep in mind that wages have steadily been going down (versus inflation) for years, so they are, in effect, making way less than you did when you were their age. So, they don't have the disposable income you did. They can't afford to buy in bulk. Nor do they live in homes where they can store those bulk items.

This is from a Gen X-er. You know, the generation that they forget about. (Seriously, they've left us off listings of the generations. It's like we don't exist. So Gen X.)
Your lunch looks yummy. Oh my, that would look so awesome on your house. I would love to do that too.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom