BOHO Look/Crochet Throw

When it comes to fashion I am all
about being 
COMFY!
Never been a need to have
this brand sort of 
person.

With my fibro I can't stand having
close that binding on me.
Well, let me retell that statement.
On my legs having leggings that are
tight yet give with stretch feels 
good, sort like I guess a weighted
blanket would feel. 
However on the upper part of my
body, I can't be restricted. I have
to have loose. A lot of my fibro pain
in in the chest, upper back, mid back and 
shoulders are the worst. 

With all that said, in the winter
I want soft, warm, comfy stuff on.
And in the summer a lot of days 
I replace those loose fitting 
stretch jean shorts I opt for 
summer flowing dresses or skirts.

Now in the past you have learned
(if you were paying attention)
that I LOVE lace, and bling.
More the lace then the bling...
but I like ruffles also, and the 
layered look.
I LOVE the BOHO
look.

While scrolling the internet the 
other day on the outlook for a 
BOHO type cute, dress for my
niece Holly's wedding I tagged a lot
of what I love.

Here are a few.

See...since losing weight two yrs
ago. Yep, missed blogging about that
anniversary on the 21st ~
But since losing, I can wear stuff
like this and look good, at least
so long as I keep my boney, ugly
legs covered. 



Now, I love the below look also
but it also reminds me of
a tableclothe!




I just adore that look.

Was scrolling PINTEREST
and saw this painting.
I have never painted like this
before and thinking I might have
to give it a try. 
Pretty cool I think.


Using lots of paint.

Okay, here is your pick a pic choice
today.


Me....#2.
Have been wanting one of these in 
my backyard for a while. Basically for 
going in and chilling and crafting.
Now...with five critters I don't think it would 
be doable unless I lock them in the house
and go 
HIDE!

I found this several weeks ago.
This is a project that my mom started
but did not finish. That in itself is strange 
cause my mom did not start much
that went undone. That is more my style.


It has all be encased in a plastic bedspread 
holder along with a couple of other
things of yarn. 



Here is a pic of what it should look
like if you did the colors that the 
directions called for.


It is called a tier drop pattern.
I did one like this over 30 yrs ago 
for my mom in law. Not sure if all the
yard I need is here but I plan on working
on this to finish up as much as the yarn
will allow me for my mom who gave
up crocheting years ago. 


Yep, that is part of Dakota and Cheyenne 
photo bombing my pic.

Specking on pics.....something 
I have not been doing a lot of lately, 
however I took these with my phone
last night after feeding at the barn.



I love a good pretty colorful sunset!
 The second pic was taken over looking 
the property of the original home
of the 7th President of the US.,
Andrew Jackson. 
The shot from yesterday was taken 
years ago on the other side of the 
road which is still property of the 
Hermitage. 

This property lays between mine and my
moms home. So it is a daily site as 
I drive by.....however hitting it just right 
when I was going to work and getting the 
sun coming up on one side and setting
on the other side later in the day is 
a must for a camera crazy person!
ME!

Here is hoping that you have a great
day!


JUMP over and check 
out the babes.
https://pjack214.blogspot.com/2019/02/my-two-loves-surgery.html

Comments

wisps of words said…
Comfy here too! Used to have GERD, before I quit gluten, and tight bras or waist bands are a no-no with GERD. No more GERD, but still have to have untight-ness on my bod.

Those skirts are soooooooo gorgeous!!!!!!! But I could never wear them now. I'm only 5'2 1/2" and way too round, so could not pull them off, like I could, in days-past.

But I do remember 'Prairie style,' back when my daughter was in college, and I was tiny. :-))))) Loved that style!!!!!! And we could share clothes.

Memories!
wisps of words said…
Love it that you lost weight and have kept it off. That is the real accomplishment, in my mind. Keeping the 'after' weight.

Wow, that's some painting! Must have to use thick paint, to make petals look real!!!!

If I had some kind of a building in the back yard, I'd want the last one. I don't doooooo stuff, like you do. So it would just be something pretty to look at, and sit in. :-)

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos! Have to catch them quickly because the light changes so fast...
Red Rose Alley said…
Pam, I really like the Bohemian look too. Love all the lace on the skirts. Wow, that flower painting is so pretty. Looks like the petals are real. I think my favorite she shed number 3; it looks like a small cottage haha. I bet that really got to you when you saw the project that your mom started. The yarn she chose looks soft and big. Your sunset pictures are glorious, Pam. I hope you are feeling better. It sounds like you've been doing a lot, keeping busy, and that's good.

~Sheri

ps....the picture of the back yard was taken in the Fall - that's why it's so green. We are still having lots of rain, and it's raining today!
Darla M Sands said…
Beautiful skirts! I love the idea of you finishing your mother's project. Here's hoping your have some less painful days in your future. ~hugs~ Be well!
Liz A. said…
Every knitter/crocheter has projects going all the time.

My great-grandmother (the one who taught me to knit) left behind an unfinished sweater when she passed. I have no idea who she was knitting it for, and she wasn't much for clear patterns. (She used them, but the notes she kept as she was working was not a method she ever taught me. And I was a newbie knitter when she passed.)

It took me years (probably 20) before I could unravel it.
I don't need a Sheshed but our ferals do, they would like the 2nd one too!
Sandee said…
I'm not a fashion plate anymore. I was when I was working, because I would out and about all the time. Jones New York were my favorite suits. I don't have any name brand anything anymore. I'm happy. Comfy works for me.

I love that painting. Wow.

Have a fabulous day, my friend. More healing scritches to Dakota. ♥
Christine said…
number 4 she shed please!
Rhodesia said…
I also hate tight clothes other than jeggings, it just makes me itch if it is tight!! I have done very little crochet lately but I used to love it and even crocheted a dress for myself many years back, I loved it.
Keep well and take care Diane
Ann said…
I like all those skirts but stuff like that just doesn't look good on me. Probably because of the extra weight I have right now. I've got to get it under control.
Of the 4 pics I like either 1 or 4.
Comfy sounds good :)

I like the look of number four shed …

All the best Jan
Tight clothes are not my cup of tea, Pam! I love the pretty lace skirt--so feminine. Your mom's crochet will be lovely when you finish it. I'm sure it will mean a lot to you! I finished some quilts that my sister had started and wanted for her children when she passed away. I gave them to her children and it meant a lot to them. ♥
NanaDiana said…
Pam- I absolutely LOVE the boho look, too, and those skirts are ALL beautiful. What fun to find something like them for a wedding.

Love that you are going to finish up one of your mom's projects. That should make it extra special when you are done with it all.

Have a good night, Pam. xo Diana
I love all the boho skirts you've shown us - I wonder what kind of top and shoes would go with them.
Amalia
xo
I have the Same issue with clothes.mine is opposite cause I need legs to be loose or they start cramping. Maybe all diseases have things in common. I would take any of the She sheds 😆. Nice view
Debbie said…
i only wear comfortable clothes - clean, cute but if they are not comfortable, i will not wear them.

the blanket is beautiful, i hope you get a chance to finish it!!

what a pretty sunset!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom