This, That and Everything

The other day in my blog I stirred the flames to 
a protest folks are making about "Baby its cold outside"
song and "Rudolf the Reindeer" being bullied.
I am a firm believer that these people need a life,
they need to really stop and look at the world
today and stop trying to place blame on songs or
cartoons and try fixing the real problems.

The link below this pic will show tell you about
the growing problem in the states.
It will out line your state and let you know how
big the problem really is.


https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/deadliest-states-for-drug-overdoses/?ftag=ACQ0534a8f&vndid=5be61ca6e4b0d555a528bd75&fbclid=IwAR2haGcjMf0tQSxYpWJNu-DyKCG4DgY__5GQXYt251awevsUfcMaCP1cmi8

But I really wonder if Frosty will 
be a target next.


Just thought these next two pics were cute.



LOVE this....I know, I like the different.


Months ago I picked up a wood burning 
tool and since I have decided that I 
want to do Christmas ornaments for next
yr with this tool I thought I would 
practice with a 97 cent wooden frame.


HAHA....not as easy as it looks.
I need more practice.

Lets see if I can stir some more flames...


My thoughts, you really don't need to be
taking the phone to the toliet with you anyway!
REALLY?

HAHA....Yoda from Star Wars has
taken care of the blow ups around
him!


Personally...I don't like these blow ups.

Check out this tree.


Notice anything strange with it?
Yep, its hanging from the ceiling!
My youngest brother hung it last night at
his house. Last yr they did not put up (no
pun intended) a tree cause the yr before
Zuzu (cat I have talked about before) 
knocked down the tree. This is in hopes
that she can't do it again this yr.
Sis in law says that she is looking up
and trying to figure out how to get up there!!

Best I can tell, eight or nine pointer.
Found this babe standing at the drive
way to a home up the street from my mom.
Nope, she does not live out in the country, 
this is an established subdivision that has
been around since the 60's.
But with Nashville and the surrounding area
growing so fast and so much building these
critters have no where to go. There were five
doe's with him.



He is beautiful. 
On that note, I normally don't go to the barn
in the morning hours. Brenda or her hubby does
morning feeds but for some reason....and 
I shake my head cause I am not getting into it...
Brenda could not let Misfire out of the barn the
other day so she text me, I went to let her out.
Now when my day starts out not the normal way
I tend to be on guard a tad, good thing too.
Leaving the farm and driving the narrow two
lane road to the main road, I was going slow, 
another good thing. See it is deer season, it is 
deer mating season so I am always on guard when
driving roads I know have deer around them.
Eyes scanning as I drove and BAM....barely missed
that little old buck that shot out in front of me.
This is the reason I keep my eyes open on 
those not so normal days and traveling those
roads. He lived to see another day and 
my car survived the day.
HAHA
Which is amazing in itself since I messed
the car up a couple weeks ago. You see my 
youngest brother just lives a few mins from 
me and I had taken to making simple meals
that I share with him on his days off. I took 
one to his house and put in the fridge while he
was away from the house. Backing out of the 
drive that I have learned all so well, I thought 
my mirror was going to clear that Crepe Myrtle 
bush.....but it did not. Ripped it right off the base it
was attached to. Today when I leave the house
I will snap a pic and share tomorrow. 
DUH.....

oh one more thing...there seems to be an
issue with my commenting on some 
blogs. I am leaving comments but then
later on I go back and they are not there.
Not sure if it is me or if these folks
are trying to tell me something...
Darla
Liz???
haha



Comments

Liz A. said…
Oh, is my commenting broken? I only delete spam comments. Let's just blame it on Blogger.

That is a beautiful deer.
Sandee said…
Here in California there are places you can go to get needles and whatever else you need for safe injections. Crazy.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Scritches to the Dakota and Lily. ♥
Rhodesia said…
The shot of the dear is gorgeous. I have a wood burning tool and the only time I have used it was to do a sign with our name on it to put by the front door. I must get it out as it was fun using it.

Health and Safety, and things you can say and not say have gone overboard. I was brought up on Noddy and Big Ears books and I loved them - now they say they are not good for you because they are gay!! The world has gone mad!

Take care, I will drop in when I can but life will not return to normal until February. Happy Christmas Diane
That way cool Jedi Knight should take care of those goofy protestors!
Just love the photographs of the deer … lovely :)
The snowman and dog made me laugh.

Wishing you a good weekend - well it will soon be here!

All the best Jan
Christine said…
funny cartoon!
Jeanie said…
I wish them good luck with the tree. Cats can jump! Hopefully nothing breakable near the bottom! But it's really a rather brilliant idea, at least in terms of anchoring it!
Jeanie said…
I wish them good luck with the tree. Cats can jump! Hopefully nothing breakable near the bottom! But it's really a rather brilliant idea, at least in terms of anchoring it!
Ann said…
It's crazyness with people getting all offended over things like song lyrics. They need to get a life.
I have a wood burning tool also but haven't used it much.
Love the picture of the buck.
Sally said…
I agree whole heartedly, Pam. Seems people are just sucking up their time to find things that offend them. It's a horrible way to live!

The tree hung from the ceiling brought a memory; my sis-in-law one year (many years ago) their tree. I tried every which way to get it to stand on its own. She and I talked several time during the process and could not stop laughing. I told her I was going to hang it from the ceiling, but of course I didn't know how. :)

I love the wood burning frame you did, Pam. I swan (as my grandmother used to say) I don't think there is anything that you cannot do. I sure admire that in you.

xoxo
Darla M Sands said…
I adore your comments! I'm on Blogger like Liz. Hmmm... So sorry about your car. I've had similar incidents and wish you all the best.
Pilar said…
You know I saw a mug in the store the other day that had baby it's cold outside printed on the mug, and I thought about your post. I agree there are more important issues that need attention in life.
Rain said…
Ha ha ha...love the snowman for sale! That tire is kind of cute too! I tried woodburning a few years back, it does take some getting used to. When I find more time, I want to try some more ornaments because near the end I was getting the hang of it! Oh great idea your brother has!

Sometimes Blogger will put people's comments in the "spam" folder. Unless you actually go look at your comments area in the Blogger settings, you'll never know. That happened to me a few times with some blogs but eventually the person clicked that I wasn't spam!
Red Rose Alley said…
Oh my gosh, I didn't realize the tree was hanging from the ceiling. Now, the cat won't bother it up there haha. I'm sorry you messed up your car recently, Pam. I'm doing a lot of repairs on my car as well. No fun around Christmastime. I love to look at the blow-up Christmas decorations outside, but when they are deflated, it looks kind of weird to me. Wishing you wonderful days this week before Christmas.

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom