Lunch/Christmas Gifts

I saw this and loved it.
Never been a Kardashian fan but
I always loved Lucy!


And this woman had more class in her
pinky then a Kardashian does. 

Frosty....



Wasnt he just the cutest?

Had lunch with my bestie Debbie
and her church class today at the 
Wildberry Cafe. 
Such an adorable place.













Before heading to lunch Debbie and I
did our Christmas.

She had this pewter thingy for me.
Picked up at a yardsale this summer from 
a woman that traveled all around the world
with hot air balloon races. She was getting rid
of some of her stuff. She picked this up in 
Australia. 
I love hot air balloons.



When you open it, the top part is a pin 
and there is a necklace inside.



OH MY GOSH...
I love this saying.



And she got this for me.
Isn't this so cute. 



Being on a fixed income...haha
a term I never thought I would be using
in talking about me but it is what it is,
I made Debbie's gifts. 

I posted this sometime back.



She loves horse shoes in the house...

But one day I posted this on FB.


I painted it for myself on a piece of log
center piece from my daughters wedding. 
I posted on FB and Debbie said she wanted
one of a lake house. 
You see, Debbie's aunt used to own a 
resort on the TN River, or AKA the 
Lake House. Debbie's happy place.
Next yr at this time Debbie will be living
at a lake house, one hour and 15 mins from
here. She will be retiring and moving. 
I was trying to decide what else to do for
her for Christmas so when she posted
that comment...I went for it. 
She loved it.


I personally like the snow better but....
Debbie will now have something new to 
hang at the lake house. 

check out Lily at
https://pjack214.blogspot.com/2018/12/new-cat-tree.html










Comments

Betsy said…
I love Lucy too. I put on the re runs so my grands can watch some of them, especially the one where she and Ethel got a job in a candy factory, that was a funny one.
Kardashians, heck no. Too plastic for me.
I must say the snowflake as frosty's baby picture is the cutest thing. One I have never seen. Love it!
I love hot air balloons and that necklace is so unique. I like how you have the vintage hats displayed on the wall.
Happy Sunday to you,
Betsy
Rhodesia said…
I love the painting of the house in the snow it is amazing painted on the rough surface of the cut wood. Hope all is well Diane
Jeanie said…
Lucy rocks. So does your ornament painted on the wood piece -- both of them, actually. They both look well suited to their substrate!

Sounds like a lovely day with a good friend at a fun spot and you can't beat that!
Christine said…
She was beautiful
Darla M Sands said…
Ah, Lucy. What a gem. Lovely gift exchange. My husband and I got to ride in a hot air balloon years ago, a Christmas gift from my parents. It was an experience, I can tell you. Be well!
Sally said…
Lucy was the best, loved her so much. I don't think you're of the age when George Burns and his wife Gracie Allen had a tv show. I thought of Gracie as so funny, and he always said to her "say goodnight Gracie" and she'd say "goodnight Gracie" hahahaha

Love your gift for your friend; is there anything you can't paint? Such extraordinary gifts you have, and so nice that you share with friends.

xoxo
We love Lucy...and Dorothy too...and Toto of course!
Rain said…
Such sweet gifts! I LOVE that hot air balloon and your painted wood! Very sweet!!! :) I think it was James Caan who said "What's a Kardashian?"...lol I feel the same way!!! They are only famous because they were on t.v.
Ann said…
I have never seen the Kardashians but I love Lucy :)
Sounds like a fun day with your friend and the gifts are all wonderful
Liz A. said…
Great gifts. And agreed, Lucy was great.
Red Rose Alley said…
Pam, that was nice that you got together with your best friend at Christmas time. The pewter hot air balloon is just right for you, as you love them. I really like the jeweled horse shoe you made for her, and I think homemade gifts are the best. I bet you loved the Wizard of Oz ornament as well. : )

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom