Baby, It's Cold Outside

Sorry folks....been hanging around and 
just chilling the last few days.
Fatigue got hold of me yesterday and I 
laid around I thought of so much
I need to do. 
Christmas is around the corner and I 
do have a couple of things that
I need to get done but what I have to 
do really depends on warmer 
weather. And we are looking at 50
tomorrow...YAY.

 I love this pic. You know all the years of painting
I have never done anything this bright, but I really
like it and thinking that maybe I need to try my
hand at it.


Would make an amazing Christmas card for 
next yr....haha, but as of right now I 
have thoughts on what I will do next yr.
Yep, I am prepared that head of advance until
I change my mind!!!

Talk about another beautiful bright
painting. Colors really pop.


Few blogs back I posted a ladder 
that I made for my daughter for throws.
I have made her a couple more items also.
She is going like her mom, rustic.
I made these for her kitchen table.  

I cut the wood to three sizes, stained
them. But weeks before I rusted a few
items to use on these candle holders.
Rusting them in a bowl, vinagar, water
and peroxide. Works great.
I picked up the handle pull at Lowes for
1.28, the hinge I had on hand and the 
two round pieces came from Misfire's
old worn out halter. RECYCLING and 
REUSING. 


I had a piece of fencing, stained it and 
thought about painting HOME on it 
but instead I picked up the letters at 
Walmart for 97 cents each. 
This can be proped up on the porch
by the door. 


 Showed you the ornament that Debbie got
me back months ago in the Mts. of Gatlinburg when
she went up there.


Here is another Oz ornament I got last
year from Theresa.

I love how the light rays shoot around
the shoes.

Okay....so here I am fueling the fire.
These are my thoughts and might
not be the thoughts of you folks.

PEOPLE get a life!
Protesting to have this song not
played on the radio cause someone
was offended and thinks that it leads
to kids playing around with sex.
Then on top of that they take Rudolf and 
say that it don't need to be shown on 
TV cause it teaches kids about 
being a bully.
Rudolf, bless his heart was bullied
by the other deer!


Well hell, as a teen I had sex listening to Baby its 
cold outside and then I became a bully
watching Rudolf!!!

Saw something on FB I forgot to tag
for my blog, 
it said next thing you know we will
not be saying Ho, Ho, Ho cause
we will offend a hooker!

I am telling you there is more important
things that need to be looked at and 
protested, not Christmas songs that have
been playing for 74 yrs or a kids cartoon.

Now...moving on.
This was me yesterday.
  
Today however, I have managed to unload the
dishwasher and reload it. 
Sweap the kitchen and heading for 
the couch in a big.



Comments

Sandee said…
I couldn't agree with you more. Sometimes I think the world has gone mad.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
Pretty things! It's hard to believe Christmas is almost here. We love Rudolph and watched it just the other night.
Rhodesia said…
Take care and relax if you need to, your health is the most important. Diane
I do like the first picture in your post, and yes it would make a very nice card.

Take care

All the best Jan
wisps of words said…
"next thing you know we will
not be saying Ho, Ho, Ho cause
we will offend a hooker!"


Next thing??? It's probably a *microaggression* right now!!!

Did you ever think, that in our lifetime (regardless of our age) we would see such total stupidity and childishness?!?!?!?!?

-head desk-
Christine said…
I heard our local TV station decided to keep playing Baby its cold outside after people complained a lot!
Sally said…
You start feeling better, Miss! I hate when you're under the weather.

Hey, those paintings? You can easily do that and even better. Pam, you can do anything and everything. :)

Yes, I'm confused by all the c.r.a.p. going on about music and old songs. It's a crazy world we're living in right now. :(

xoxo
Liz A. said…
50 is a warmer day? Eeek.

Those are great paintings. Love the rustic decor.

Sorry, but that song is creepy. I don't care if anyone plays it, but I don't want to listen to it.
Ann said…
The thing with the songs is pure craziness. People with far too much time on their hands making a wave. The fact that anyone would give in to their ranting is even crazier.
The funny thing is I walked through Walmart yesterday and spotted three items that said "baby it's cold outside".
Pilar said…
I love those painting and the rustic home decor sign! You know I've been hearing about that so much lately...Baby it's cold outside. I agree it's so much more important things we can be focusing on in the world than this Christmas song that been around for ages lol. Oh btw, I put 2 new posts up for my Christmas Tree, and my Christmas Decorations. Rest and take it easy Pam! Wishing you a great rest of the week!
Darla M Sands said…
I don't know the song. Now I'll have to listen. I kept running into those words on FB and didn't understand. Heh... I feared you were down with fatigue. Hope you're feeling better! And yes, the world has gone insane.
Loving those ruby red shoes on the tree and oh how the light indeed glistens! Girl, I am so with you! Of all the things to complain about and it's a stinking song! You know Pam...we can't fix stupid! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Red Rose Alley said…
Oh my gosh, you crack me up on what you said about the song!! I heard about this recently, and I love that song. It's such a Christmas classic. I think they play it on Elf, one of my favorite Christmas shows. There is madness going on in the world right now, Pam, and all we can do is exude love and goodness, and speak up when things don't seem right, just like you did on this post. Thank you, dear friend.

I hope you feel better for Christmas. : )

~Sheri
Red Rose Alley said…
I loved your advice to Jess about parenting, Pam. You are a wise woman, and I think that will really help her. Sometimes Jess has a hard time managing her time, which we laugh about, but I think she's doing great as a mom, wife, teacher, and daughter. Yes, I think we are just hard on ourselves. Thanks for stopping by.
Darla M Sands said…
I did recognize the tune upon hearing a few bars. Interestingly, it was a later version that has the gal trying to convince her guy to stay. :) I was always sort of ambivalent to the song, but unlike Liz never found its message creepy. It just sounded like me trying to convince my fellows to hang around. Heh...
DeniseinVA said…
Interesting post Pam, thought provoking and all the photos are lovely, I especially like your Christmas ornaments from that age old classic. As for the song and the old Rudolph cartoon, there will always be something that people will get riled at. Maybe they are trying to take our minds off the real important issues in the world? I hope you feel better soon.
Jeanie said…
So many fun, crafty things and beautiful ornaments. I love it.

OK, this song. Honestly, don't people have better things to do with their lives than pick on a holiday song? First of all, what guy doesn't try to get a girl to stay (and I might add, it works both ways.) Second, if she doesn't want to, she can walk. The way they play it, it's more like she's worried her aunt will talk about her, more worried about what others think. Well, a) call and say "I'll be home late" if you really care. b) Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

I love that song to bits. And if that's what's making people upset, they'd do better to pick up the newspaper or turn on the news.

Sorry. I'm just a little vociferous today!
Love those paintings - so traditional - and the table items you made. So agree with you about people protesting about (in my eyes) the most innocuous things. Baby It's Cold Outside is one of my favourite songs. As for the Rudolph protest - plain ridiculous!
Around My Kitchen Table

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom