Life Housesitting

The northern states being hit 
by such a blast of snow this week
and folks out making snowmen....while
the southern states on the coast 
are making 
sandmen!


Speaking of snowmen....I have
done a little painting while
housesitting the last couple of
days.

Working on the families ornaments
for this coming 
Christmas.
(yep...thinking ahead)

I have already done 
Sean
Cobi
and
DJ

Here is Caleb's.


and my daughter Amber's.


Last night I did Lori's (SIL).
She loves hats.


Penny is an usual cat.
She lives downstairs and gets
attention when someone
goes down to feed or visit.
Lori had hoped to get her used
to the dogs but Penny just
can't handle them. 

I usually sit in the floor and 
visit with her, petting her
and talking to her.


All was well while I petted her till
she flipped on her back and 
I continued to rub which after the
flip was on the belly.
I now have scratches!


According to a friend on FB, the flip 
showing the belly was a sign of
trust. BUT....you don't rub a cats
belly! Hey, I am still learning....

Dinner last night.


And Ray and Lori's meal for this
evening when they get home.
Meatloaf, taters and turnup greens!

Hoping you are all having a great
Saturday. 


Comments

MadSnapper said…
we are having meatloaf, taters and turnips today and for the next couple of days left overs. only my tater is a baked sweet tater and his is a baked white tater. Penny has a beautiful face
Great job on getting a head start on Christmas gifts. I like to do that as well. Have a great weekend. ♥
Rhodesia said…
Love your Christmas paintings they are fabulous well done. Have a good weekend Diane
Sandee said…
I love your ornaments. What a wonderful thing to do.

Penny is a cutie pie. I linked this post to Feline Friday.

I love your dinner. That looks really good.

Have a purrfect weekend. ♥
Sally said…
Your ornaments are lovely, and I know everyone will be happy about their gifts.

Now, I want turnip greens, and meat loaf. :)

xoxo
Christine said…
nice snowmen! you eat well Pam!
pilch92 said…
Penny is a cutie. Some cats love belly rubs and some will let you know they don't :) That is a cool sand sculpture. I love your painting too.
Ann Thompson said…
Your ornaments look great. I have a soft spot for snowmen but not the real ones.
NanaDiana said…
I love those ornaments. You are really ahead of the game for sure!!!

Yes-kitties flop over when they feel safe and secure. We only ever had one cat that liked his belly rubbed. I think it makes them feel too vulnerable when you do that.

Hope you have a great night- and don't forget to set your clocks ahead. xo Diana
Darla M Sands said…
I guess a bad Penny showed up. ~ugh~ Sorry about the bad pun. Hope you're having a good day. The ornaments are adorable!
Jeanie said…
Ah yes, the old "Ah, please scratch my stomach, it feels so good -- oops, now I'm done and I will have to kill you" move. Lizzie has mastered it! Good job on early holiday gifts!
Sharon said…
Tacky likes all petting and massaging, but not being held.
Jeanna said…
Fantastic looking comfort food (I say eating chicken, gravy, stuffing and white bread). If you can think that far ahead more power to you. The ornaments made or meant for me are my most treasured ones. Dexter was a downstairs cat at my cousin's and eventually, the two dogs did accept him and he got to live upstairs for awhile then he got moved around until he found his way here.
Not very long ago a belly turn seemed to mean, "I'm going to invite you to rub my belly then attack you because I think it's fun to play that way." I thought he was being a cat which is what I say when I have no idea what's going on. But now he wants me to brush and scratch his belly, maybe it's taken a year for him to trust me that much.
Liz A. said…
Sandmen. Sandcastles. Takes a talent to make such a thing.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom