Not Cooking with Wood....But Cooking Wood

In keeping with the strange kitchen gadget
theme that Darla got me started on ~
here is a thing to 
separate egg whites from the yolk.


GROSS....but you know you have
a problem if the yellow comes out~
infection!

So I have cooked and baked over the 
years in my oven but 
NEVER
do I remember 
baking
wood,
until now.



My niece let Amber borrow some wood
disc for center pieces but
my friend Chris cut
some more for me yesterday.


The log had been outside and it was
wet from rain the night before so
I threw them on the baking sheet
and for 5 mins each side I baked
them to dry them out and 
kill any bugs!

Smelled like the house was burning!

Black and white, such
a great color combo. I actually
love wearing these two colors
together. Classy I think.



Not really sure that Scout thinks
anything of his color combo.
But boy he is a handsome boy!

Jeanna and Tim worked on Fed Ex,
Scout, Black and Lily Sat. morning.
They got brushed, hoofs painted, ears
trimmed, whiskers shaved, and mane
cut.....but the next day they
all rolled in the mud again!


 Misfire has never had this treatment
and I know that she would
TOTALLY
FREAK!

Check out Black after his
grooming!
He is about 14/15 hands, 
and stunning. 


Ran in the dollar store and saw buckets
$1 each.
One for each younger boy and an 
extra for Nana.
All different colors so NO 
fighting. 
Beach time is around the corner!
Hoping between the wedding 
and the beach I don't tax
my body too much.


Do you folks get the show 
Pickler and Ben?
It is filmed in Nashville with 
country star Kelly Pickler and 
Ben Aaron. I watch it everyday.

Yesterday they had this couple
on from TX. that do cakes.
AMAZING!

Yep, that is a cake below!


 Here is hoping you have an amazing
DAY!
Smile, and laugh and your day
will be just that!


Comments

Sandee said…
That egg yolk separator made me laugh out loud. That's gross, but it's ever so clever. Make you wander what the person who invented this was drinking at the time.

Wow on the cake. Just wow. I thought that was a dog. A real dog.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
1/2 my clothes are black and white, or black and white combo. my favorite colors to wear and also have black furniture.. the color of Dakota. LOL...nope, never knew anyone who baked wood and now i do
Darla M Sands said…
Aw, you're sweet to think of me. That's an interesting egg separator! I have one shaped like a fish. It's around in storage somewhere, a little too delicate for the kitchen I decided and more of a decorative piece. Should switch out my decor, on that note. ~grin~ Beautiful animals. And I also hope you don't hurt yourself with all the wedding efforts and travel. ~hugs~ I bragged over the phone this morning to a friend in Northeast Ohio about how you take care of the horses even when you don't feel well. Her sixteen-year-old daughter complained that she didn't know having a horse would mean not having a life. Ha! Kids...
Rhodesia said…
I have an egg separator but not quite like that LOL.
Wow that cake is just amazing some people, including yourself, are so talented. Take care Diane
Ann Thompson said…
That egg separator is rather gross looking but funny too. Putting those wood discs in the oven would have been a good idea even if they hadn't been wet. Wouldn't want any bugs crawling out to welcome guests
Liz A. said…
The egg separator reminds me of a tissue box where the tissues come out a nose...
Black and white is a great combination. I'll pass on the egg separator! Ha. I remember putting pine cones in the oven long ago to get the bugs out. Tricky for sure. Have a happy day, Pam. ♥
Well yes ... that egg yolk separator is rather gross, but it works so well ... so maybe a good idea! I have an egg yolk separator but it's so ordinary in comparison.

Lovely to see pictures of the horses and a big WOW on the cake.

Another lovely post. I love how you mix, match and include so much - it makes for great reading.

All the best Jan
Christine said…
eww..haha
NanaDiana said…
LOL- OH YUCK! I might never eat another egg! lol xo Diana
Wow, awesome photos! I like them all!
That egg white separator is to fun, but gross! Yuck!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Coffee Table Redo

Another Chilling Day - Brothers HOuse