DuPont Ladies Night Out


I graduated in a class of about 310 or so,
from what I consider to be one 
of the best environments~
DuPont High.

The Jr. high, the elementary school, 
and the high school were named
DuPont since they were in the 
area of the first original 
DuPont Plant.

Through the years so many of us
have reconnected through facebook. 
With that we have had several 
get togethers with different groups.
Two of the ladies thought it would 
be neat to call a DuPont
ladies night out!

Last night was our first.









   

We are shooting for one a month.
Due to the brain storm only being 
thought of on Tuesday for 
Friday so many had plans.
But several were able to make it.

Group ranges from graduating in 1985
to 1978. 
I knew a couple of these ladies
and now I have met a few more.

We had a great meal, good conversation
and some few great laughs. 

Looking forward to next month. 


That is me on the end of the right
row. HAHA...I have to laugh cause
I really don't realize the weight 
I have lost even when looking in 
the mirror but when I see a pic
I see it. 

Back to my school.

You know....I don't know many schools
that reconnected the way DuPont - all
classes have and I don't know
many that have their own
rocking website. 
Created and manned by
a gentleman from the class of 
50 something. 

Check it out

http://dupontalumni.org

Our website keeps up with 
class reunions, deaths of
classmates for each given year,
the history of Old Hickory where 
the DuPont plant started, and kids
that receive grants for college from 
the school. Its an amazing site. 

DuPont has produced a country singer
and representative this area
and some pretty cool 
businessmen
I for one am proud to be 
from 
DuPont. 

Thanks for stopping in, 

By the way...thanks for 
the feed back on the 
change of my blog.
Had the same look
since I started blogging
in 2009,
it was time for a change.





Comments

Ann said…
A nice size group for putting it together on short notice. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone that I went to school with. Other than facebook I don't even keep in touch with any of them.
great idea.. I do love the murals on the walls, have not seen any quite like that. I did see you on the end and you are right, this pic showcases your weight loss
eileeninmd said…
Hello, the class reunion looks like a fun time. I love all the art work. You look great on the photo, congrats on your weight loss. Facebook is a great way of finding old friends.

Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!
Darla M Sands said…
Good for you! I went to my tenth year reunion and found the same selfish snobs that bullied me acting no different, clustered in their little clique, blocking the bar. Only my best friend knows where I live and I declined her offer to let anyone else in on the secret. Other than her, all my favorites are MIA. ~grin~ Kind of makes me laugh. I haven't tried to track any of them down via social media. I'd rather write than socialize in person. LOL Hope you feel good today!
Sharon said…
That night out thing sounds like a wonderful idea and lots of fun!
Rhodesia said…
What a lot of fun you must have had. All the people I went to school with are scattered all over the world. Have a great week Diane
JFM said…
Such beautiful artwork!!!
You all look as if you are having a wonderful time!!!
You really do look wonderful Pam!
Another cheerful post...thank you 💮
Debbie said…
i too have reconnected with so many people through Facebook. and i love it also for keeping in touch with my nieces and nephews, many of whom have moved away!!!
Red Rose Alley said…
Ladies Night Out, that sounds fun! I wish we had something like that with our class mates. We are, however, supposed to have a class reunion next year. Not sure if I'll attend or not, but it's nice they're putting something together. You look pretty in the picture with all the gals, and you've lost so much weight. Not an easy thing to do at all...that's wonderful, Pam.

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Coffee Table Redo

Another Chilling Day - Brothers HOuse