About the Yard / Pumpkins and Outside Decorations

Took the camera out to look
at my Egyptain Bean Vine,
the beans love it.





I love this plant. It is purple for 
one thing and it is so pretty.
I have been collecting seed pods
from it for next year.

This is one of the seed pods
with a neat looking bug on it.



Another purple plant I have.



A Box Elder bug.


My Four O'clock plant did not 
grow big at all. When I had them many
years ago I had some really large
ones. Could be cause I actually had 
the seeds for two years before planting 
them. I picked them up off the side walk
in front of my son's home in Calif.

But look.....I have a couple of seeds
from my plant.
  


This little lady has been hanging
around on the deck.
She stays just outside of 
Lily's reach!


Took this at mom's house. My
monkey grass is solid color leaves.
I like mom's better....need to get
some of this.



Went across the street to the neighbors
yard and took a pic of these.
Fall surprise lilies.
Love the color.


I have the pink ones that come up in 
late spring.

 I went to the Dollar Tree
and bought 3 styrofoam 
pumpkins and I painted
two of them. 
One a darker orange 
(bottom)
and a white one.




Then with my E6000 glue
I stuck them together
and out on the porch they
went.





  


Just waiting now for the first of
the month for me to put out
the Halloween stuff.

This hangs by the front door
near the doorbell.




I know that folks probably hate
hearing about my pain but I only 
tell it to share. I don't do it 
for pity. I do it to bring awareness
to 
FIBRO.

Not only do you deal with pain
you deal with fatigue.
You deal with Fibro Fog.
Right now I have all three.
But there is so much more.

With the FOG comes stupid things
you do. 
I misplaced my sunglass back in July.
A month later I found them in a 
box of stuff I carried upstairs.
They are prescription sunglass.

Then a few weeks ago I misplaced
my eyeglasses. I looked and looked and
could not find them. I have been 
wearing them for over 6 years.
Eyes have stayed the same so 
I figured it was not that big
a deal, I could use some new ones.
Today I sucked it up and went to 
Wally World and purchased 
some new ones...
out of the box ones for me.
About an hour later I found my
other ones in the backseat floor
board!
Guessing they fell out of my
purse when I set it back there....
just need to learn to zip that 
purse up!
Concentration, focus, staying
with a conversation is really hard
when the pain is kicking daily at 
the rate it has been. 
HAHA...but if you think that
is bad, you really should share
a conversation with me! 
I am totally all over the map
when I am flaring. I start 
a conversation and jump to 
something else before finishing
the first and then back again.
One of my best friends Theresa
never bats an eyelash. She has
been around it so much the last 
few yrs, she just lets me go on
and never points it out to me.


 

Nope these are not my new glasses, they
will not be ready till the 30th. 
But I did purchase these
while I was purchasing my
glasses. These are safety
glasses for when I work with
my saw!

One last thing....
my mom finds all the best 
deals. As the weather was getting warmer
she found some really pretty tops on
clearance for $3. 
Found me four cute dresses for
$1.00.
And yesterday she found these
silky feeling gowns for $3.
Today she went back to see
if they had my size, they
were marked to a $1.00!
She got me two, they only
had the pink in my size
so she got two alike...
SO COMFY!



I generally don't wear pink but
I think with the grey hair it
works.


Check out that price!


Thanks for stopping in,



Comments

Rhodesia said…
Wow we never see clothes marked down like that here and yes you look beautiful in pink.
Love seeing around the garden and your plants.
Have a fab weekend Diane
eileeninmd said…
Hello, you look cute in the new blouse. What a great buy! I love the pumpkins and your porch looks cute decorated for fall. Neat captures of the insects. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!
Ann said…
Your porch looks great. I like the pumpkin idea. I want to shop with your mom, she finds great deals. Can't pass up something for $1
MadSnapper said…
love the look of the safety glasses, and that color pink I like, I am not into pastel pink or any pastels. bright colors are my thing. I don't have fibro but you have described my life, mine is age related... so you are getting your dose of age stuff early, wonder how fibro is when you get my age.. on NO.... I am thinking some of the Texas Peeps might want your stars on your front porch
Sharon said…
I couldn't put decorations on my porch, the neighbor's dogs and Jill would just drag them all over the yard. It looks very welcoming.
JFM said…
Pam, you sure fit the saying "pretty in pink!"
Love your decorations and I will be waiting for your Halloween decor, too!!!
So sorry to hear about your pain. I also was diagnosed with Fibro M. about 13 years ago. It can be very painful and definitely drains one's energy levels.
Thank you for all of the beautiful photos. I enjoy seeing photos that bloggers share here~
Sally said…
I have the same monkey grass as your mom! :)

You do look pretty in pink, Pam.

Your front porch looks adorable with your decorations. Love what you did with the pumpkins too.

xoxo
Betsy said…
Pink is your color. Looks good.
I never thought about gluing the pumpkins for the porch and thank you for sharing that. I like seeing your decorations and pretty plants in your yard.
betsy
Cheryl said…
Getting old is hard work isn't it. Young kids today wouldn't be able to handle all our aches and pains!

Loving the painted pumpkins, what a super cute idea :-)
Jeanie said…
LOVE the bright new look on your blog! So much easier to read than the black background.

And what beautiful decorations. Oh, so very lovely!
Red Rose Alley said…
So sorry to hear your fibromyalgia is acting up again, Pam. Your pictures of all the bugs are really cool. You take the loveliest pictures. And I love your new blog design. It's a fresh and pretty look.

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom