The Accident

Hey all. 


I started to tell you all about 
my life the past week, going into detail,
but its just way to much.

Other than to say, last Friday I 
went to NC with my sis in law and 
6:15am on Sat. I got a call, 
my middle grandson was in a horrible
wreck. I was at Vanderbilt hospital 
where DJ was life flighted in five hours.

It's a lot so I am not going into
it all.

But pics can help tell the story.
This is when I first saw him.
Temp surgery on his head.
He was thrown from a small pickup 
truck at over 80 miles an hour.
His scalp was ripped from above the 
eyes to almost the back of his head. 
This pic was the first day.

On Wed. the bandage was removed.

His right leg as hanging open.
A seven shape cut into it and cut
all the way to the bone.

His C2 vertebrate was fractured and had
to be fused to C3.
C7 was crushed and required about
8 screws and rods to repair that.
We are still dealing with swelling of
the spine. He has moved in all limbs,
the left arm is bandaged due to a fracture
near the wrist and movement is not as
much. We have to wait for all the swelling
to go down to see if any movement was 
affected. 
Pain was horrible but now it seems like
they have hit on the right kind of 
doses to help with the worst of 
that. 
Each day he has made a lot of improvement
and although they seem like 
small steps, they are a step closer to 
going home. 

I ask that you pray, send good thoughts and
vibes, and if you could it would be 
awesome if any of you that could to 
send him a card.
Dustin Walz
c/o Pam Jackson
7784 Pinewood Rd.
Nunnelly TN 37137.

Thanks to all you wonderful folks.
Pam








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Coffee Table Redo

Another Chilling Day - Brothers HOuse