Indigo Bunting, Wood Frog, DIL and the TEST, ADHD, Dementia, and CRAP
I struggled in school, mainly cause
as my mom put it, I thought I was going
to school to socialize.
haha
Okay, so maybe not struggled in the whole
thing but a few classes. But I remember telling my
mom yrs ago that if I had the internet in
school I would have been a straight A student.
Was I a straight A student?....
haha....
NOPE!
Did I get grounded cause of grades?
oh, hell yeah!
And in my house, when you got grounded
for grades, it was for six weeks,
till the next report came out.
Couple weeks of tv got taken away,
but six weeks,
NO PHONE!!
Talk about crushing a teen's social live.
Oh yeah, back to the internet,
I see things posted on FB and I go
to the internet and read up on it.
I would be so stinking smart, only now
at my age, and with the fibro,
I sometimes have forgotten what I read
before I close the laptop.
I will explain that for those unaware,
fibro robs you of the ability to focus.
Enough on that.
A fellow, well, she really is not a fellow,
she is a she so should I word that as a
just say a FORMER BULLDOG
class of 78 posted this on FB,
Course, I had to go read up on it and
be sure this was true.
You know, we as humans really do not take
into consideration just how smart some of
the animals around us are.
Who knew?
Its like another post I read on FB
last night
I knew fish in ponds do that but
a frog...wow.
Wonder if Fred, Ted, whoever in my yard
is actually a wood frog and not a toad and
if they do this? Oh crap, now I gotta read up
on them and find out what they do in the winter.
Yep, I would be a smarty pants.
Speaking of which, my son was
a little put out by himself the other day,
he made a B on one of his online classes.
B....
I would have danced making Bs!!
Amber also is making A's.
I raised two smarty pants kids.
I remember yrs ago after my son and
Britney married, she was still in school.
College that is.
And one day on the phone I asked Cory how
Britney was doing in school.
He lost it, he was laughing so hard.
I heard Britney ask what was so funny and
he said mom wants to know how school is going?
She started laughing, when he finally calmed
down he said all matter of fact,
"Mom, Britney is a high A student!"
Oh well, I have not made that mistake again!
As a matter of fact today she is testing for
her license's, she will be going from a
marriage and family counselor assistant to a
full fledged marriage and
family counselor. She will be able to open
her own office!
So proud of my DIL.
The thing about school, all makes sense now
to me. According to the doc and all I have read,
I do possibly have ADHD only with the Fibro I
lost the H part...lol
but knowing that, looking back on my childhood
and my school, it all comes together so
nicely now.
The not USING MY TIME WISELY
in class. The Pam TaLKS TO MUCH in
class. The having issues sitting still,
my life of the fidgeting and dancing legs
when I have to sit still or in one place
for long, the focus part, and so much more.
Just so wished my mom was here for
me to tell her there was a reason.
And back then ADHD wasn't a thing,
at least medically and there were not
meds for it.
"So, Mom, I wasn't a bad kid!!"
One day I need to pull out the report cards
and show you about the wisely part and talking
part. It was horrible.
But that would explain my son having it,
and two grandsons.
Here is what the internet told me just now...
The precise causes of ADHD are unknown in
have shown that the disorder is primarily
genetic with a heritability rate of 70–80%,[
Yikes son, I am so sorry.
The internet also answered the question
for me as to if it comes from mom
or dad.
Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
(ADHD) is highly heritable, with both parents
contributing genetic risk equally.
Problem with that, I can tell you my ex did not
have it.
To sum it all up,
I did not give my kids the dementia gene,
I was tested for it since it Alzheimer's runs in
my family.
I did not give them that horrible mutated heart gene
that runs in my family. I was tested.
But I do think it very possible that my son
did get ADHD from me along with anxiety and
daughter got the anxiety.
I am so sorry kids.
However, that does not put my kids
in the clear.
My ex was rushed to the hospital the other
day for gallbladder and according to the doc,
the worst he has seen. Amazing it did not become
sepsis. But at the same time learning that, I
learned that he has dementia.
He just lost Aunt Sissy less than a yr ago to
Lewy Body, and a few months later he lost his
oldest brother to Lewy Body. It has not been
stated as of yet which form Glenn has.
Problem with that silly ass family, they
keep crap secret. Apparently, Glenn and the
devil wife knew he had dementia. From what
I was told, only person told was his sister.
Why do families do that crap?
He has kids that need to know that sort of
stuff.
I have no clue. I know my mom was really
hurt when she lost her sister to
Alzheimer's because the family kept her
decline to themselves. We all knew she had
it, mom picked up on it in conversations over the phone,
but in the decline, we were told she was doing
fine. With that, the sisters did not have
time with her, all because it was kept
a secret!
Okay, I am done venting. I think this post
ended up being longer than I would like it to be
but hey, it is what it is.
Oh, and that pic above of Cory and Amber,
Cory keeps his head shaved due to
getting receding hairline from his dad.
sorry, my attempt at humor, sometimes it
is off the fall....
and on the floor.
Pam
Comments