Flying Monkeys, Dish Towel Turned Apron, Quilt, Mom In Laws Tongue, Tim

 Isn't it funny the things
you remember?
Today, I had my ex sister in law comment
on a FB post about the Wizard of Oz, and how
the flying monkeys always scared her.
Even though they scared her, it was
one of her favorite movies, along with 
Gone with the Wind.
With that mention of that movie
I remembered that the first time
I ever saw Gone with the Wind,
my granddaddy ran the reel at the 
drive in. My cousin and I went
with our grqnddaddy to the drive in,
 there was a porch like area
above where he ran the reel with 
seats up there. That is where
we watched the movie. 
I was maybe 12 or 13 then,
72 or 73.  I even remember my
mom fixing my hair in a high pony
tail, then pinned it under to make
sort of a bun.
Like I said, funny what we remember. 

I went to Hobby Lobby last week, 
after I got Lily home and watched
her eat for a couple of days. 
While I was there I picked
up some clearance dish towels to throw
in the Christmas box. Yes, I have a box, 
in the guest room, and when I purchase
Christmas gift I put them in there.
Anyway, I picked up a couple of packs,
three dish towels to a pack.
Normally 9.99 and I got them 70 percent 
off. But before I threw them in the box,
I had an idea for yet another gift.
So, what would you do with 
a couple of hand towels and a sewing
machine?
With the help of some ribbon for 
ties, I made an apron.
I remember Amber saying some time ago
that she needed one, so I produced this one.
For some reason, I can't just look
at dish towels, placemats or 
bandanas for what they are, I gotta
craft them in some way.

With that said, I am going to 
get busy working on some bandana
blankets for the kids for Christmas.
I saw a video where you take a 
bandana, sew batting on the back 
of each one, then you piece the 
bandanas together and sew them.
That way you don't have to put
batting on the blanket once you 
make it, you will be doing it as you go.
Gotta get busy, got six to do.
Pulled this pic from Pinterst.
On top of those, I have pillows to make
for five more great grands bdays.

Did you know that there are plants that
you can plant to repel snakes from your
property? I have not seen any snakes this
year, however, since moving here I have
seen several.
If you have that issue this might
be your saving grace..
West Indian Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus):
Marigold
Garlic (Allium sativum)
Snake Plant (Dracaena trifasciata) 
Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)

I know all these plants but I wanted to look
up the snake plant, thinking I knew what it was,
and I was correct.

However, I have always called this a 
Mother In Laws Tongue plant.
I looked it up by that name, and 
it showed me the same plant. Not surprised
but just double checking.

Question~ do you ever learn anything 
from what I share in my blogs?

On Thursday I met my friend from 
the Philippines for lunch. If you are
new to my blog or maybe have forgotten,
Tim and I worked together at the 
School for the Blind.
He was also a National Guard member
and a retired Army man.
Tim lived out around me and we 
hung out sometimes. When he retired 
from the Guard he wanted to go to the 
Philippines. He had been there during is
Army days and loved it. However, he had a 
beautiful home he did not wish to give up.
He decided to rent. 
I helped with yard sales and packing
of his house. What he did not sell
he stored in his shed and some bigger
things came to my house.
When Tim would come to the states
once a yr. He stayed with me,
in the GUEST ROOM FOLKS!

Anyway, after renting a bit, his mom 
was going to move back to Nashville
from Fla. so she is living in his home.
Last yr when he came home, I was 
suffering the effects of low iron,
vit b and d. So, we did not see each other
and with mom living in his home, he
stayed there. When I moved here, we
had to find another place for his car, and
large grill but things like his 
grandmas record albums stayed
with me and some other stuff
like pillows and things for staying
the night here.
I loaded that up and met him 1/2
way, we had lunch and visited a bit.
I have no clue why I am so off 
with pics but I forgot to get
a pic of us together.

The pic above was taken in 2021
at the venue. Tim now sports about
40 lbs lighter.
Has a girlfriend and is enjoying life.
His visits usually last about two months
and usually during the same time 
every yr which is MONSOON time
in the Philippines.

Anyway, short post today and 
with that less pics than normal.

Pam





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Coffee Table Redo

Another Chilling Day - Brothers HOuse