Old Santa, Parade, Skillet, Emmy, and The Accident

 Good Morning
fellow bloggers!

While surfing FB I keep running
across pics of items that I 
remember as a kid that are
not longer around. 
HAHA

Yes, I remember Santa.
Pretty sure I did not have one
of these but I remember
people wearing these since
they were a pin.

 If I remember correctly, you
pulled the bell, nose lite up and the 
arms and legs danced outward.

Check this out...
 
I have never seen a city 
that had a Halloween Parade,
I love Halloween, 
I am putting this on my calendar!

While being on FB the last
month or so I have noticed
skillets with impressions
on the back. Must be a new
fad. This one really got
my attention cause I love
Dolly. My question is, when 
a woman slaps this up against
her hubs head, will the impression
it leaves on his face be a 
reminder to not cheap with 
Jolene again?

haha..
sorry, could not resist. 
Now to explain for those
that have never heard this,
it was a saying I heard growing
up. It basically referred to men
that did not GET things and the 
wife hitting them over the 
head with a skillet to get their
attention.


The upper part of this 
blog was started a few days
ago.
Now, I have things to 
blog about so I can finish 
this post!
haha
Sometimes I like blogging ahead
but other times I like
doing it as I live..
not sure which I really like
best.

Few nights ago I had dinner at
Ambers, she made a new
meal. It was really good.
I enjoyed it, the boys and 
spending time with just 
Amber, the boys and of 
course Emmy Lou.

Now, this really should not
surprise you but 
I had an accident yesterday.
Sorry, pics not the best.
I was working outside, just 
puttering around, I got in the 
shed and went through the boxes
that I brought up from storage
a week ago. I found stuff I forgot
I had! haha.....
Anyway, I took the metal detector out to 
see if I could find anything in the yard,
that once was woods. I did not and I walked
over to put it in the shed, near the door
so if I wanted it again after I bring 
more from storage, I could get to it.
Then I realized I needed something
from inside the shed.
I slipped, shin hit the edge of the shed
opening.

The pic above does not show
how big this is, about the size
of my fist. 
And it hurt like a, well, what
I was going to say was not 
so nice, it just hurt.

I decided to go in the house
and stay on the couch!
Course, I took ice with me.


I ended up going to the walk in 
clinic. Why? Cause last yr when I 
dropped a drawer on my toe, I did not 
go and have it checked. It ended up 
getting infected.  I thought I would stop
that from happening first. I am a diabetic,
under control without meds, but I still
need to be careful. AND you all know,
careful is hard for me.
Anyway, doc said, go home, stay off
it, and ice it.
I DID!

This morning, just a tad swelling.
Little pain.

Now, let me explain. 
My mom always said I was 
an accident waiting to happen!
I guess I have always been.
But these days, due to my 
Fibro, my muscles are weak.

I do not have steps or a ramp 
to the shed, I plan on having a 
small deck put on it so that I 
can just wheel my saws out and 
work off the deck without sawdust
getting in the shed.
I stood in front of the shed, 
DECIDING
if I could just step up that
space and raise myself in...
I decided to go for it
and now you see the results!
I need steps that I can just remove
once the deck is being built.
This would be the cheapest
way till the build.
I am flipping the blocks 
the other way so I am not
putting rocks in mine.
This will be a fast fix.

Pam

















Comments

Ann said…
OMG, I remember those Santa pins and I did have one.
Ouch on the shin. That looks like it really hurt.
Darla M Sands said…
Oh, please don't haul those cinder blocks around by yourself. And if you fall on them I worry about further injury. ~hugs~ I understand your pride, but my husband got a walker after surgery that now has many other uses. It not only serves as my portable laptop desk but the cats enjoy getting wheeled around the house once a day. It was my husband's silly idea and the "train rides" made Dandelion braver exploring the house. Now I make choo choo noises whenever one of our kitties gets on board. :D Be well, my dear.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom