Darla, Weather, Forest, and Fire

  The other day I was reading and 
commenting on other blogs when
I read Darla's post over at

She was talking about her
hubs staying on top human conflict
and I assumed she meant via
the news.
I told Darla that I know of the conflict
going around the world but I don't
do the daily keep up. I avoid most
of the news channels.
Something I started when I worked.
I used to get up and turn on 
the news to hear the 
weather and traffic, but got
so tired of hearing that someone
was shot during the night, or 
this place was robbed, there was
another car jacking, etc.
So, I just stopped watching the 
news. 

My daughter Amber is a news
watcher when it comes to 
weather.

 She knows what is brewing, when it
is coming in, where it is coming in 
at and what to expect.
She keeps me on top of it,
even if I already know.

That leads me to another 
conversation.

When Caleb was a year old,
him and Amber moved in 
with me. 
My townhome had the living 
room, BR, and 
kitchen downstairs. 
Three bedrooms and a bath upstairs.
I pretty much gave Caleb and
Amber the living room while I 
stayed in my bedroom for 
my time after work.

Spring would bring tornados to 
Tennessee and Amber was
always on top of those.
Several times at night the 
weather would report that 
tornados were possible or one
was spotted around.

Amber would come knock on 
my door and tell me they
were reported around us and 
did I not think that I needed
to come downstairs.
I would get woke up when she came
in and my reply, "come get me right
before it hits the house"!


She would get so mad at me.

I respond differently to storms 
these days but I was sort 
going through at thing at that
time of my life.
Had a don't care attitude.

Thanks for the blog that promoted
my blog on this post...haha

Sunday morning I went to make 
coffee and looked up into the 
far reaches of my cabinet,
and saw my seasonal cups stored
there.
Yep, it had to happen.

Fall coffee cup.

My small forest has lost 
its vegetation on the forest floor.
Trees are losing leaves, without
color since we have been 
with lack of rain all summer.
But, even though our temps are
still up in the high 70s, the evenings
have that fall feel and last night
when I walked out on the deck 
there was that fall smell....
burning of something, maybe
a firepit, 

not sure, but 
it was cool. I have some limbs I 
need to burn but as of yet,
even though we had Helene 
rain for three days, I am holding 
off a bit longer before I strike
the match.

Even when I strike that match, I 
have my hose down by the 
barrel with me, with the 
faucet wide open, 
just in case. 
Safety first. 

Do you ever sit around a firepit
with friends? Mine is not a 
firepit, its a barrel and I basically
burn cardboard and limbs.
But as I work on making this
place my own, with the flowerbeds.
trees and bushes and 
just some love, I hope
to get a sitting area with a firepit 
for the family to sit around. 

Is yard your sanctuary?
Do you go there to relax, find peace?
Do you have a sitting area, grilling area or
a pool in your yard?
A garden or flowerbeds?
All that is not always everyone's
thing. I have noticed that usually 
the younger generation buying houses
these days just keep it cut and 
go about their business.

Hoping you have a great day,












 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom