The WIndow, and Fall Decor,

 Have you ever seen a window
at a 45 degree angle like the
one below?
These windows are mostly found
in Va. but some other 
New England homes. 

It is called a Witches Window
or a Coffin Window.
It was said that Witches could
not move the broom around in 
such a way to enter the window.
Okay, but there are other windows
that are not a 45 degree angle...
DUH!

Why a Coffin Window? I read it was
to allow a coffin to be lowed
down from the second floor.
Yep, not buying that one either,
why would you have a showing
of someone in a coffin on 
the second floor.
There again, lowering 
a coffin would basically hit the
roof on the way down.

Although these both sound interesting,
the fact is that they were installed
to be able to allow more light in
and better air flow.
So, do you think that a window,
located there, at an angle would
actually make a difference?

I personally have no clue.

 Don't you just love 
reading about folklore and trying 
to understand the thinking behind them?

Course, I love this cause I am 
almost 65 and never heard of this.
Have you ever seen a home like this?

You all know that I have my
own way of thinking, like 
we all do, so this should
not surprise you....
in my mind Sept. means
FALL!
haha
So, I started putting a little bit
of the fall out. While unpacking, 
I kept telling myself, 
"Not Halloween, just fall
stuff"!!

So far, I have done well with 
NO HALLOWEEN.
haha

I bought these pumpkin pics a couple
of years ago at Dollar General for 
five each.


The door hanger, I made
several years ago.
It was made with an oval
frame that I painted,
I found the scarf at Goodwill
and tied it to the bottom 
of the frame, added fall 
leaves and bam, I have a 
cute door hanger.


Every year, as always, there
is new cool pumpkins, 
and other decor.
I have pulled back when in 
a store to keep from
adding to my stuff, for one
reason, I could not remember
exactly what I had. I do have to ask,
how many pumpkins does
one home need?

I threw this together before I headed
to bed on Thursday night.
I have it sitting on the 
edge of the cabinet at the 
entrance of the living room.
The cool part about this basic
pieces is the fact that I 
have used my great granny's 
wooden biscuit bowl.



Love when I can use memories
in my decor. 
I used to be a wild soul,
but now it's more like an
old soul!

Do you use heirloom pieces in 
your home decor?

Pam









Comments

Nope, never have seen or seen windows like that, but I agree with you, those are just tales. Love all the fall decor though!
We have one house in our neighborhood with a weird window placement, so not I know there won't be any witches there!
I've never seen that before with a window like that. Makes no sense at all. I do like you decorations for the Fall. I have a few heirlooms that I use.
Ann said…
I have never seen a house with a window like that before.
I love fall decorations. Hopefully I'll get mine pulled out today or tomorrow.
Liz A. said…
Good job avoiding Halloween. You're doing better than the stores (which have some Christmas out already). Although, it is close enough, if you ask me... (For Halloween decor, I mean.)
Marie Smith said…
I have never seen such a window, Pam. Fascinating!
Jeanie said…
I've never seen a window like that! Fascinating! No Halloween here and probably won't be unless I can pull out something right after I get back from England. Odds on that aren't great!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom