The Kitties, Storm Damage and Maggie Smith

Cats are so funny, and
strange!
Misty being a COVID cat,
where no one came to the house
or visited with us at all,
Misty was never around 
anyone but me.
With that said, while reading
up on Russian Blue it states that
they are shy of others and usually
only bonds with their family...
Well, that is Misty!!

The pic above is day 3 of
Brit and Cory's visit, she
finally came out for some
mom time. After butting 
heads and loving on me, she
crawled into the corner of 
the end table next to me and
hid behind my silk flowers.
Fun part is watching her come 
from the bedroom, rub up on 
the cedar chest the TV sets on,
over to the front door, past the 
heater fireplace and past the 
window, just skirting the 
outside of the room to get to 
me and avoid others!

The pics below were taken shortly
after Brit and Cory left. She felt
safe to come out and snooze on 
the bed.


Oh my poor baby.

Lily on the other hand is going
to greet you, sniff you and decide
if you are 
WORTH 
her time, when at that point,
she moves on.
She has no issue with guest.
She took up on her
spot, the daybed and did her
normal thing.


And she is good if you sit
next to her.
Just don't touch her, she
will move!

Misty on Tuesday morning, 
she came out of hiding which
is under my bed in the cat hammock,
because Cory and Brit were
still asleep. We enjoyed deck and 
daybed time together.

My heart goes out to those
that were in the line of 
Helene.
It came in through Fla., but I 
don't think they were expecting
it to do the damage all the
way up in TN.
I-40 at the North Carolina /Tennessee 
border is washed out.



More than 50 patients and staff are
trapped on the roof of Unicoi
County Hospital
due to flooding caused by
Tropical Storm Helene


My brothers cabin
in the NC mountains.
SIL was able to view the 
pic before power went out.
Not sure if the water made
it to the house, didn't have far
to go.



And then today, there
is also this.

These three together again,
with the passing of 
Maggie Smith.




Another amazing actor gone,
age 89.
RIP 
Maggie Smith. 

Pam














Comments

Marie Smith said…
I wondered how the pets did with the company. Thanks for the update.

RIP, Maggie. You will be missed.
Mari said…
You have some good looking cats!
That was a terrible storm, so much damage left behind in such a large area.
I agree, Dame Maggie was quite the lady!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom