Spikey Things, Kitchen Window, Doggie Window, and Skillet

 I have never been accused
of being an organized person...
well, that is not right, I have, 
at work but at home, 
FORGET it.

I say that cause I went scanning
my blogs to find when I blogged
about these spikey things I 
picked up at Hobby Lobby on
clearance.....and you got it, I could
not locate it. So I will
go on with my post.

These are the spikey things, I 
got two, couple bucks each, 
but when I saw them, I knew
I wanted them for my yard,
However, they were gold, I 
don't do gold and I thought 
a brighter color would work for 
me. 
PURPLE of coures had
to be used, so spray painted
one purple and the other 
is yellow.
Lily being Lily, 
nosey.

Now, Lily is not on the
ledge cause she is 
afraid of Emmy (daughters 
dog) she is up there cause
that is her place.
Emmy however is not
really sure what to make 
of Lily.
Anyway, I E6000 glued the 
spikes on metal poles, 
which are left over extenders
for curtain rods. Yes, I tend
to hold on to stuff that I think
can become something else, and 
here, they have become 
stems. These are flowers for 
my flowerbed!

Couple yrs ago I tried my
hand at stain glass sort of.
This was in the kitchen
window at the other house,
and it is now in the 
kitchen window here.
I had it on the low panel
but I could not see the dogwood
in the woods so I put it 
higher up.
A splash of color.

Driving to a doc apt the
other day I stopped at 
the red light and out 
popped this head.


And off to another subject!
haha

I have this skillet, belonged
to my great, great granny.
I have tried to research it but
I ran into an issue...
Nothing to tell me 
anything about 
it. 

There is an R.

Three is a 8 on it.
From there, I thought it 
was unmarked but then 
I realized, there was a 
logo in the center. 
Cooking over a fire sort
of whipped that out.


In this pic, you 
can see the 8 and the R
clearly but the center
you can't make out.
I see what was an arch,
I see what I think is
a gate mark, which most
cast iron skillet makers, early
on in making them but
I am not sure if that is 
what it is or a long
scratch.


When I blow the pics up 
I see what looks like letters but
its anyone guess at this 
point.

Bet this would be a great
skillet for knocking someone
over the head!!
lol

Pam






Comments

Liz A. said…
Is the 8 the size of the skillet?

Do you do tags on your blog posts? Along the side of the draft page is a place to put tags, and I use it to label posts so I can find them later. That way, if I want to find a knitting post, I can search "knitting", and all my knitting posts pop up, and only them. It makes it easier to search when I'm looking for a specific post.
Ann said…
Apparently the 8 on the bottom of the skillet is a reference to it's size. 8 should mean that the top diameter is 10 1/4"

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom