Morning Misty Coffee, Bat, Bday Cake, Herbs and Bees

Morning with Misty...
she just had to take
a sniff of the coffee.

Driving the other day and 
I looked up into the 
bright beautiful blue
sky and saw a bat.

Do you see it?


Allergies are kicking
my
BUTT.
Course you know that 
you have to take what you 
read on the internet
with a grain of salt, but 
I did read that if you have 
seasonal allergies, they can
become worse if you have
had COVID.
True or not, I 
am a believer right now.

Feeling like crap or not,
I wanted to make Felicity a 
bday cake. Her bday was the 
19th with a party at a restaurant 
in Nashville so Amber thought
instead of that, she would 
give her a family bday party,
Sat. 4-21.
I used to make all of 
her Dad's cakes so I wanted
to at least get one in 
for Felicity.

I did a bath theme.
Found an adorable tub 
at Dollar Tree, along with 
a pack of rubber ducks and 
rubber frogs. 

I saw this bow for 
gifts and thought it would 
make a good filler
for the tub.

Here I added a number
to the cake.


My kids always loved these
wash clothes, that unfold
when put in water.
I picked up a couple
of those.



 
I think it turned out 
so cute.
Heading to Amber's in a bit.

Herbs are growing.
And I love the signs
that I found at Dollar General.

And to help in pollinating of 
plants, keep your bees 
in mind.

I was shocked. I knew that
butterflies did not
live long but I was shocked
with the info above.
Anyway, I have a large bowl
 with a rock in it for
the bees to have water
while flying from plant 
to plant so they stay 
hydrated. 





 

Comments

Liz A. said…
That's a great looking birthday cake.
Ann said…
That cake is really cute. Clever idea with the tub.
DeniseinVA said…
Such a sweet photo with Misty and what a pretty view from your deck. Fun to see the bat cloud. We used to get them flying over our deck (the real kind) but no sightings at all now for years. Sorry you’re having allergy problems. It's a terrible time of the year for sufferers. We have a few among family members. That’s such a cute birthday cake. Such a coincidence I will be having a rubber ducky post tomorrow. Your cake was very imaginative and clever, I loved it. Your herbs are looking great. Love the cute ladybird decoration, pot and the signs. Yes we’ve got to keep our bees happy. Amazing little workers. Hope your allergies calm down. Happy May month to you.
Marie Smith said…
Great job on the cake. I can’t believe Felicity is two already!
Misty, you are beautiful! That cake is very clever and very pretty too!
Christine said…
Cute cake!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom

Hot Water Heater Mishaps