Correction, Family, Stature, Camera, Flag and Feeders

 Correction~~
Great granny was not 
96, she was 91.

My granddaddy.

Find this pic wild...the image
behind granddaddy looks
like a dog. 

Great Granddaddy, gone 
at 38 with a raptured
appendix in 1918.

I had a doc apt in Nashville the 
other day but was a little
early so I stopped at the 
At Home Store.
I saw this....

Hard to tell, it's about knee
high for me.
I had to laugh when I saw this,
cause I had one just
like this in the 70s! 
Someone pulled the 70s mold
out to remake these!

A couple weeks ago I saw
this at Wally World.


Not exactly like the one
I had but with that said, it
is really close.
This is what I started
my photography skills on 
in my early teens.
BUT THE PRICE!!!
WOW...
Price on the film is
crazy too.


I also saw this at 
The Home Store...

Oh how much fun
that would be to make!

Talking about making, I stopped
at GW in Mt Juliet last
weekend when I went to
photograph the wedding. 
I found this blue and 
red lantern there.
I had plans for them.


There is four pieces of 
glass, I removed one piece,
opening it up on one side.
I then removed the candle and 
the wires and battery hook
ups. This is what I came up
with.

I will need to take them
down and put a lip on the 
front so the seed stays in better and 
install a perch. 

And if I can get somethings done,
I might go pick up some of 
this edging, then I might do 
this.

Remember, I am painting
a blank canvas (my yard) with color in
plants and other objects...

Do you do plants outside?
In other type of decor outside?

Pam
















Comments

Mari said…
Love the pics of your grandparents.
Your lantern birdfeeder is cute!
My hubby is the gardener and planter at our house. But I do occasionally find things to add to his flowers!
Christine said…
Good old Polaroid -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
Sandee said…
Sorry about your grandfather dying so young.

I love the lanterns and I love what you did with them. Brilliant.

Have a fabulous day and week, Pam. Scritches to the kitties. ♥
Ann said…
Wow, your great grandfather died very young. How sad.
I wonder how much the original polaroid camera cost.
Marie Smith said…
The grandparents photos are treasures.
Liz A. said…
What a clever bird feeder.
Conniecrafter said…
you came up with some good ideas, like your bird feeder :) I never did have a polaroid camera, my brother had one.
We got some flower seeds at church on Easter so we will be planting those and we just bought some new above ground planters, hopefully easier for me to weed and will be planting peppers, green beans and cherry tomatoes. I put up a few decorations outdoors too. We have a few bird feeders and suet feeders I have out too, need to get the hummingbird feeder out soon.
Darla M Sands said…
You just ooze talent. :D I want to install raised garden beds out back but my husband doesn't want me to use concrete blocks and that's the easiest thing I could manage on the cheap. ~sigh~ Be well, my dear.
DeniseinVA said…
How sad your great-granddaddy passed so young. He was a handsome man. Cute photo of your granddaddy as a baby. These old photos I always say are my greatest treasures. I enjoyed your browsing trip. My niece's yoga instructor has a similar Buddha in her garden. It looks especially pretty when it's all lit up at night. I love your bright red bird feeder and those corner bird feeders would be a very nice addition. The stars and stripes board would look really nice and I'd like to see the one you make. Polaroids were always fun but back in the days I had them, they seemed expensive but this, wow! I guess I am not surprised. I'm starting to think of going up to the flower nursery and buy another pot, complete with plants. The shade gets on it way too soon, and I need to ask them for advice. I bought a couple of bunnies sitting on a bench with an umbrella between them. Only my second garden artsy piece ever. I want to do something nice out there for the warmer months. Thanks for the fun post and enjoy the rest of your week.
Red Rose Alley said…
I love what you did with the red lantern, Pam. Such a creative idea. Wow, didn't realize the price of the Polaroid film. I used to also have a Polaroid, and it was the best. At Christmastime, I took many pictures with it at a fundraiser shopping spree. I still have some old photos of my mom on Santa's lap. Those flags are cool too. And these are treasured photos of your great granddaddy.

Have a terrific week, Pam.

~Sheri
Nice to see the pictures of your grandparents.
I have a few older photographs of family members and they are very special.

All the best Jan
Debbie said…
those are awesome vintage pictures. i really like those lanterns, how clever to use them as bird feeders. i plant a lot of flowers outside and i do other small decorations as well (well the hubs does most of it)!!
Jeanette said…
That is a very cool bird feeder! I love the idea with the edging, too! Giving me some ideas for our yard!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom