Cattitude, Trees for a Curtain, Nuthatch, Friends, Plants and Giraffe

 Good morning from
the front porch in Nunnelly!
Decided to sit out on the front
porch with my brew Wed. morning.
Was hoping to get the sunrise
but I did not make it.
Next time!

A couple months ago I 
bought these trees for 
the front yard as a curtain 
from the road and front 
of the house.

Only they are really 
tiny right now!
I have been told that they
do grow fast, hoping so.


Got five in the ground thanks
to the auger bits I got for the 
drill. Three more to go.
I really need at least two more
but Lowes is sold out.
That is okay though, I will
get some next season. That gap between
my yard and neighbors house
 will not be noticed.

Not seen my slithering friend 
anymore, knowing 
that he is harmless makes
me feel better. The prob is, if
I see another one, I am not going 
to get close enough to 
see if its the same kind of 
snake, to know if its
harmless!!

In the past week, I have 
been visited by the snake,
yesterday a lizard, 
the toad/frog (don't know
the difference) several times,
the Ruby Throated Hummingbird,
and a White Breasted 
Nuthatch.


 Never had a visit
from that type of 
Hummingbird or a 
Nuthatch. 
So happy over seeing 
different types of
birds. I can do without the
snakes though.

I saw this on FB.
I love it.
I truly believe it.

I have flowers blooming.
These plants were from seeds
I got when my friends mom
past away. 
They bloomed last yr and 
again this yr.



I finally finished off my 
rock bed in the front yard.
I decided instead of 
a flowerbed that I had to 
weed on a regular
basis, I would lay thick
brown cardboard down, and 
cover with rock then just
sit my posts in there.

Funny, rocks are not cheap!!
This area took 9 bags, 
9 heavy bags!

I also, dropped some 
good money on a clematis.
I loved the dark purple and 
I needed something to 
put up by my mailbox.

This should work just great. 

In 2020 when kids were out
of school due to COVID,
there was a big thing going
around about putting stuffed
animals in your windows so 
kids could look out and see
something to make them smile.

I was in the process of moving
to my childhood home and not
in one place since I was 
working at one house and moving
into the other. With being out
and about so much, I decided
to place my stuffed animal on 
the car to be seen.
 
Since then I have had 
several animals on the car.
Of course, during the holidays, I 
put one up that depicts the 
holiday. 
I had one of those long
arm monkeys on the 
back until yesterday, and it 
was looking worn for wear!
But I picked up this
cool giraffe at Goodwill.
He was even brand new 
with the tag still on him.
 

I tried to find an animal
that was decked in 
red, white and blue for 
Memorial Day but could
not find one. 
If I find something between
now and then, I will change 
it out and apply this for later.
If not, this will stay on 
till a holiday or 
its worn out!
Kids love it.

Have an awesome
day,
Pam










 


 

 



Comments

Ann said…
I wouldn't appreciate the snake visiting at all.
Your rock garden looks nice.
Marie Smith said…
Your area is great for wildlife but I’m with you about snakes. Here we only have garter snakes which are enough for me.
Christine said…
Wonder how long it will take your trees to grow tall
Jeanette said…
We planted two arborvitae trees by our shed about 3-4 years ago and they are at least 4 times the size now. They do grow fast! Love the stuffed animal on the back wiper idea!
Jeanie said…
I'm told arbor vitae grow very fast so hang in there!
Things are sure look good up your way, you are making lots of progress!
Liz A. said…
The trees are looking good. Much easier to do them small. They'll provide good coverage before you know it.
BeachGypsy said…
Oh Pam that's a GORGEOUS clematis-- I love those! We left a beautiful purple one behind in Charleston. We'll get a new one soon! Love your giraffe--- just tie red/white/blue ribbons around his neck!--- they will flutter pretty in the wind! 😊
Darla M Sands said…
My mother loved telling the story of how, given the option to choose a stuffed toy, I'd pick one with an eye missing or some other defect. I even had a roster written down on who snuggled in bed with me each weak. To this day I couldn't stand to see a stuffed animal out in the weather. lol Even funnier, I searched online and found stuffed animal raincoat/hat/boots on Etsy and Amazon. Heh...

Clematis are lovely and purple is my favorite, also. I tried planting one decades ago but it didn't live long for some reason. ~sigh~ Good luck with the shrubs; you definitely got them for a good price. As for birds, nuthatches are among my favorites for the way they run up and down tree trunks searching for insects. Be well!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom