The Shed, Deck and Welcome

 Took some basement stuff up 
to my storage unit near 
the house. Trying to make the cost
of my move not totally
crazy by cutting down a lot
of stuff to move. 

The builder put my shed up.
I thought it looked
small when I pulled in 
but it it wider than longer.
He knew I wanted to make
this a crafting shed so look...
he had the builder of the sheds
to install at great work area!!!

And I love that it is not the barn
like shed I had at the other house.
That means that I can put in shelves,
and are not cut off by the 
slant of the roof. 

Forgot how wide my deck is!
I love it. 


And LONG!


I did not put my welcome
sign in storage, I took it and put
it on my new front porch so when 
I move on the 12th, WELCOME
will be the first thing I see.


This afternoon, at the venue, James
and Julie are having a drop in and 
grab a snack to say their 
goodbyes to me. 
I just keep telling myself 
don't cry. 
I will cry!

I have been good moving from
my childhood home, been so busy 
with so much to do that I kept
pushing it out of my head.
But of course there was a
meltdown!
I have no clue where it came 
from or why at the time...
I was driving when it hit, 
I am leaving a home I have been
a part of for 57 years. 
I cried. 
It came so fast and out
 of the blue. 
The 11th, when I leave for the 
last time will be hard.
But like I told Amber,
our memories are in our heart
and I don't have to be here to 
have those. Plus, no matter what I 
did, it was still mom's house, I couldn't
get away from that.

Pam



 






Comments

Sandee said…
You got the meltdown out of the way and you're going to love your new home. We're all going to wait for the pictures of you making your new home the way you want it. No stairs. Love that shed and it will keep the crafting clutter out of your home. Brilliant.

Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Pam. Scritches to the kitties. ♥
Liz A. said…
Moving is rough. It's a big change. And it's not like you're moving to the other side of the country. You'll be able to go back and visit.
Jeanie said…
So right. The memories are in the heart. And your new home looks terrific with that wonderful deck -- so long! I love your shed, too!
BeachGypsy said…
MUCH PROGRESS Pam!!! You are going to love it there!!--- love the porch!! Hang in there--- almost time!!!
Marie Smith said…
I remember how I felt the day we moved mom out of our family home. You are so right though, you take the memories with you in your heart. It is time for another family to make wonderful memories there.
Christine said…
Best wishes for this move!
Darla M Sands said…
This is awesome! I'm sorry about your meltdown but maybe you've gotten it out of your system. ~hugs~ And it's not like you've been under duress or anything... ~rolls eyes~ I am here in Ohio wondering how long it would be prudent to wait before visiting. lol What a welcoming space. Take care, my dear.
Ann said…
It's getting closer all the time. Won't be long before you're all moved and settled in.
We have never lived anywhere for more than 10 years. There is a house that I miss, most, I do not. I don't see myself ever moving from this house, but never say never. Just think of all the memories you are going to make in your new house!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom