Wendy, National Days, and Targets

 Yesterday was the bday of a 
dear friend, Wendy.
I met Wendy at the age
of three months old when 
I started babying sitting with 
her. She won my heart then.

Wendy lived next door to me. 
And although her mom did not
work, I kept Wendy for even the
shortest
time as mom going to the
grocery store. 

I was not a loner, I had 
friends coming out my ears.
I was popular and always on the
run here and there, visiting 
with friends.
A lot of the time, Wendy
went with me.
When I was not running here
and there, Wendy was put
in the stroller and we walked,
and walked
and talked...even though
she prob did not know much 
of what I said.

As Wendy grew, she became one of
my fave folks to hang with.
I was 13 when this young
girl came into my life.
I taught Wendy to count, say
her ABC's, I taught her
about Donny and Marie, I even
clipped her banes and hair
when it was needed. Her mom
never had to worry about her when
she was out and about with me.

When I started to date at 16, mom
would keep Wendy when I was out.

At three, my heart broke.....Wendy's
family moved about an hour and 45
mins down the road. I was barely 16. 
During spring break in our area (for
me), mom would run me to pick up
Wendy and she woud come
and spend the week with me. 

When I started driving, I went and 
got her. Funny story, Wendy was visiting, 
mom was going to keep her while I
went out with my boyfriend, Larry.
We were hanging back in mom's
bedroom when Larry came to 
pick me up. I finishing up
getting ready, Larry stepped in 
moms room, Wendy was so jealous
she hid in the closet and when Larry
stepped in the room, she came 
out and bit him in the butt!
LOL,,,

Here is Wendy today.


Over the years, with school, her finally
in school, dating, working and becoming
an adult (me) we lost some
of our contact. However, I was invited
to Wendy's graduation, and I made
it a point to be there. I was there for
her wedding and I was there 
to celebrate the first bday
of her daughter (as a clown).

Wendy did marry, like I said, 
had two brats, I mean 
kids. A boy and a girl.
The daughter being the oldest, 
who recently as an adult, moved
back to this area, no 12 mins from 
me. He daughter is soon to be
married. 
And life goes on!!

I guess you can say that 
Wendy was my practice
time at being a mom.
Thanks for being a part of 
my life little girl, lady!

The other day was National
Daughters Day.
This is my daughter
Amber.

Amber is my oldest, she 
will be 43 in Dec.

Today is National Son's Day and
this is my son Cory.
Merriest of all days,
Cory.

Do you ever just feel
like the universe is
targeting you?
This would be my 
year from HELL and 
even though I am
a good person I feel like
I have a target on my back


My doc called me yesterday,
and the crap just 
keeps rolling in...
urine test came in,
I have a UTI.
WHAT?
No symptoms but
apparently, it is a 
a very strong bug that is
taking a strong med for
three days to knock it out!
So strong I can't even take
my fibro meds with it.
I can't even begin to count 
the amount of crap that has
gone into my body.
I am working with a friend
about stuff to help flush this
mess out of my system.
FIRST, I will finish 
these meds, then flush.

I would love someone 
to come
and knock this 
target off my back!


Have a Merriest Day,
Pam











Comments

Christine said…
What a special friend Wendy is!
Liz A. said…
Some people just stick around in your life. Sorry about more bad health news. At least they caught it. It could be so much worse if it went on untreated. Next year should be smooth sailing after all the problems you've had of late.
Ann said…
How wonderful to have have had someone in your life that long.
Sorry to hear about the UTI Hope you're better soon.
BeachGypsy said…
Sure enjoyed the Wendy post! Hope that medicine gets rid of the infection FAST and you feel back to normal soon so you can enjoy Fall!
Darla M Sands said…
If we cannot remove the target, maybe the archer needs to go. Grrr... I'll be there if that would work. ~hugs~ Blessings, my dear, to you and all your extended family.
You sure have had a time of it and I hope it all leaves you alone very soon. Happy Birthday to Wendy! I always did like her hamburgers.
Marie Smith said…
Oh my! You don’t get a break! I hope the meds work quickly!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom