Dinner, Toe, Pools, Colorful, and Lily

 Thursday afternoon, I 
met this folks from school for
dinner. One woman was in from
Fla. so we met so she could
visit. 


I was not going to go
but I had a pretty good
day up till then, so I got
dressed and went. Glad I did. 

Wed. however, was a horrible
day. I hurt so bad. I have yet to pin
point why on some days I hurt
bad and other days I don't. 

Yesterday after having such a 
bad day, I called the doc 
I had an apt with 
for Friday. They changed my
apt date from Friday till
Thursday morn. I learned
a lot.

First, without saying what group
of docs I had seen, she knew.
When I told her about the 
new method he wanted to
do, she knew. She also told
me that through research it 
has been discovered that this 
new method should not be 
used unless the older
way does not work. 
INTERESTING.

Secondly, she told me that I 
should not have this pain I am
having. That the only time
you have pain with a stone is
when it has moved out of 
the kidney and is moving out
of the body. With it in the kidney, 
I should have no pain. 
UNLESS....
the stone is blocking or partly
blocking the opening to the tube. 
INTERESTING.

With that being said, it will 
take a little time to 
set up the surgery at the 
hospital, the anesthesiologist and
all that requires. With the pain
I am having though, they are
setting up the OR for 
a catheter to be placed. 
That will help with 
the pain and hopes are
that I only will wear it for 
a few days. 
Not something I am 
looking forward to but after
the pain I had yesterday, 
the nausea that came with it, 
then the dry heaves, I am willing
to do what I have to do.
Seriously, the pain was so 
bad, I could not 
get comfy at all. It took
me to my knees and it had
me crying. 

It got me geared up and 
changing docs so I can 
get this bad boy out.

With that, she called
me in a script for the nausea.
Since I had gastric bypass surgery,
I have not been able to 
up chuck. Yep, I went there.
I just have dry heaves, which
is not good. Makes the stone 
hurt even more. 
 
Before I move on to something
more interesting or at least
fun, I wanted to share my
latest injury with you.

While trying to get comfy
yesterday during all the pain,
I closed the screened 
door on my baby toe.
24 hours later, this is 
what it looks like. 
OUCH!!

Now, moving on!
I love this idea. 
I think this would be fun
to do before summers
end!

Would you ever do 
something like this with 
your friends?

While scrolling FB I 
ran across this pic. 

I know its bright and colorful, 
AND
I love it!

And for your viewing pleasure.........
 

 
In the sun puddle.


Need to work 
on getting some pics
 of Misty. She is either 
on the deck or in the bed
and Lily is hanging with 
me more.

Hoping your day if filled
with smiles.


Pam







Comments

The pain sounds horrible. I have never (knock on wood) been in pain like that from and illness, malady or injury. Hope you get some relief soon!
Liz A. said…
I love the colorful table. I would totally have that in my place. We couldn't do a bring your own pool party as the host would have to fill up all the pools, and while we had a great year for rain, we still need to be cautious with water usage. We've been under drought conditions for so long, such a thing would feel wasteful.
Dang, I sure hope all that gets you back to feeling in tip-top shape, the sooner the better. Lily sure is a cutie!
Ann said…
With all that pain I would have headed to the emergency room. I hope this new doctor can get you all fixed up soon.
That is a fun idea with the pools. If I was a whole lot younger I might be willing to do something like that.
Love that colorful table and chairs. It's not something I would want in my house but I love the artistic side of it.
That last picture of the bird reminds me of the one I drew for work. I wonder if that's the picture I saw that I was trying to copy.
Marie Smith said…
Oh, Pam. I feel for you!

I hope you get some help soon for that awful pain you are having! Take care!
Jeanie said…
This may or may not work for you but it worked for Rick. (It was also a smaller town hospital). He knew the doc was doing surgery at a hospital (not close) on Friday but is surgery wasn't scheduled till Monday. He woke in the middle of the night on Thursday in horrible pain and said he wanted to go to the emergency room -- not at the nearby hospital but at the one farthere where his surgeon would be operating that morning. He got there and in ER and they arranged with the surgeon to add him to the schedule. Again, smaller hospital (but it was a full schedule.) Could work. At least you might ggt good drugs in the ER.
Darla M Sands said…
Wish I could give you a real hug. :( Finding a doctor that suits your situation is important and I wish you all the best. That table is a little overwhelming for my tastes but reminds me of El Meson, a favorite South American style restaurant I've mentioned. lol Your kitties are both adorable, and so is that ostrich face. I want to try replicating it now. We shall see if I can make it happen. Take care, my dear.
Mari said…
Ouch on the toe!
Sorry about all the pain. I'm a triage phone nurse and I know that when you talk to someone and bring up their chart, you often can tell just what's happening and what the doc is planning. I hope they get to the bottom of your issues.
I like the bring your own pool party!
Jeanette said…
I'm sorry you're in so much pain and I hope they get it resolved asap! I'm glad you got to go to lunch with your friends. Ouch on the toe! That must have hurt like h***! ! That is one colorful set of table and chairs. I've seen that pool party before and it looks so fun! Take care!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom