Gown, Eat What You Like, Lily, and Road Trip

 I am a BIG fan of the 
Wizard of Oz 
but I apparently don't know 
everything about it and its'
stars.
I saw this today.

The gown that she wore in the 1936 film
 "San Francisco" was later recycled by costume
 designer Adrian into Glinda's dress in "The Wizard Of Oz".

I love finding things like that, 
things that tells me something
I was not aware of. 
If I had the internet while
in school I would have
made straight A's.

Then I ran across
this. 
Eat what you want!
LOL..

You all know that Lily
bit is not my cuddle baby. 
Usually, she will curl up with
me on the couch when it is cold
outside but since the temps
have risen, I don't get that 
often. 
However, this morning, 
she visited me several times. 

She is behind my legs, in the 
bend of my knees. 

She also loves getting her
head rubbed while she visits
with me. Course, she would tell you
that the head rubs were her
idea, not mine.

She really eats it up, 
when she wants it.


Saturday, I took a field/road
trip.  

I went to Kentucky to visit
with Christy and Justin,
the children of my friend Laura
who past in Oct of 2018.

ROAD TRIPPING down the
interstate.


I have to admit, I have not been
the best of friends to these two
children. I did go over after
Laura past and helped the kids 
clean out the house. 
But then mom left us in Jan.
2019, and with me dealing
with that, the only contact
I had with Christy and Justin was
through FB. 
But they understand I had
my own stuff to deal 
with. 

But I wanted to connect with 
Christy and Justin again so when I 
heard Christy was getting remarried
I offered to drive up and 
photograph the wedding at the 
courthouse. 
In talking about it however, 
we changed the plans. 
A cookout instead. It was
Christy, future hubs, Justin,
his friend and Christy's daughter.

It was fun, but a long day. 
My drive was 3 hours to
and 2.5 home. 
I did nothing Sunday. 
Or today, which is Monday. 

Anyway, this is my view leaving 
Christys home.


Right down the road I saw 
these lighted crosses.

I was able to make it home
in 2.5 hours instead of the 3 it
took to get there. 

Hoping you have a 
great week,
Pam

















Comments

I always knew that exercise stuff wasn't good for you! Lily is such a cutie lady.
Christine said…
Love the memes
Ann said…
That was nice of you to offer to photograph her getting married. That sure was a long day though. I hate to drive in the dark any more and avoid it at all costs.
Sandee said…
I love the eat whatever you like. I had no idea.

Lily Bit is most adorable and she loves her mom. It shows.

Love the last graphic. Applies here too.

I linked this post to Happy Tuesday.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to the kitties. ♥
pilch92 said…
Lily Bit is a cutie. I like the eat what you want sign. :)
Liz A. said…
That's a lot of driving for one day. The creator of KFC was quite the character. He lived as long as he did through pure spite, I think. Well, not entirely.
It must have been the week to catch up with old friends as that is exactly what we did as well!
Darla M Sands said…
What a long day! I'm glad you're home safe with your fur babes. ~hugs~ They are so precious, and I thank you for the giggles.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom